Jaguar Forum banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
That looks surprisingly impressive to me, especially when thinking about how many times the battery will have been charged in a car at over 200,000 km
I feel sorry for the poor bugger that took delivery of a new model S with 87% remaining battery capacity!😲

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
Mine had a fully charged range of 309 miles when I first got it. A couple of software updates ago that increased to 313 miles. It’s now done 12000 miles.

Reactions: ChrisSB

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
You've also got to bare in mind that, for example, the I-PACE battery is 90kwh. That's the amount usable, today. It's actually bigger and the pack is designed so that as cells degrade, new cells can take over.

The earliest I-PACE came out in 2018. The pack today is the same design and is also the same pack used in the Audi e-Trons. I don't know of anyone complaining about pack degradation yet.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I have heard only 84kwh are usable not 90.

Reactions: ChrisSB

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Quick update. Left the car with the dealer 4 days. They have managed to get the software update sorted, replace the mirror. They didn’t manage to get the handle sorted, body shop very busy as they (always say). Didn’t get replacement car because previous customer didn’t return it in time. Thanks once again Taggarts. As usual worse service in the country I bet. To add insult to injury, my wife today left for work driving the car up to speyside (200 miles away) and 50 miles from home low coolant light on. I tell her what to do, easy Peasy I think. To check the coolant you have to remove the cover under the bonnet. Cover kept in place by 2 screws. Of course the poor 6 month pregnant wife (to add drama to the story) can’t open the cover with no tools.
Luckily she was near Jaguar Pentland Perth and they quickly helped her out.
It would have cost Taggarts 2 minutes double check the levels.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
That's disappointing that they never bothered to check the coolant levels. More disappointing that you need tools to check a fluid level though!

Reactions: OBC John

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
I didn’t see the car yet but I guess it’s just a screw driver you need. However I think that should be part of the tools the car should come with. Expecially if you need to check the coolant when needed and you are nowhere near a garage or home.

Reactions: dhallworth

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Quick update. Left the car with the dealer 4 days. They have managed to get the software update sorted, replace the mirror. They didn’t manage to get the handle sorted, body shop very busy as they (always say). Didn’t get replacement car because previous customer didn’t return it in time. Thanks once again Taggarts. As usual worse service in the country I bet. To add insult to injury, my wife today left for work driving the car up to speyside (200 miles away) and 50 miles from home low coolant light on. I tell her what to do, easy Peasy I think. To check the coolant you have to remove the cover under the bonnet. Cover kept in place by 2 screws. Of course the poor 6 month pregnant wife (to add drama to the story) can’t open the cover with no tools.
Luckily she was near Jaguar Pentland Perth and they quickly helped her out.
It would have cost Taggarts 2 minutes double check the levels.
Aye I wasn't very impressed with Taggarts either. They wouldn't open any doors to let me see inside the new x260 and said I could have a virtual tour instead, but only if I wanted to buy. So I didn't buy and said bye bye instead. Goodness knows how main dealers (of many marques) stay in business.

Who is the bodyshop, it's not Mitchell Inglis by chance?

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
A few months later finally the door handle cover arrived by post at home today :)
The good side of the story: probably Taggarts realised (did they?) the bad service offered and they didn’t charge for the broken glass nor for the door handle.
However over the last few days another issue… the driver side wiper arm hits the A pillar every cycle. It’s driving me mad.
I had the same problem with my 1993 Renault Twingo smurfs colour… at the time it didn’t bother me…

21,645 Posts
A few months later finally the door handle cover arrived by post at home today :)
The good side of the story: probably Taggarts realised (did they?) the bad service offered and they didn’t charge for the broken glass nor for the door handle.
However over the last few days another issue… the driver side wiper arm hits the A pillar every cycle. It’s driving me mad.
I had the same problem with my 1993 Renault Twingo smurfs colour… at the time it didn’t bother me…
sounds like the wrong blade has been fitted.

Is there a huge triangular gap between the wipers now, where there was only a small triangle before?

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Nope. Still original equipment, didn’t replace it yet.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
And here we go again. 5 Jaguar in a row. It’s not a new game and not a coincidence.
Engineers can’t get it right. Or the chassis flex over time moving panels here and there.
It’s now time for the froot, it was ok when new and over time getting worse. Last jag I didn’t notice till the boot cracked the real light…

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 · (Edited)
Service day at main dealer. Car with 8500 miles.left the car at 9:30, they call me back at 10:30 the cat is ready to collect. 236 squid and they said rear disks rusty need replaced. Quoted for rear disks 971 pounds.

· Registered
11,064 Posts
Service day at main dealer. Car with 8500 miles.left the car at 9:30, they call me back at 10:30 the c at is ready to collect. 236 squid and they said rear disks rusty need replaced. Quoted for rear disks 971 pounds.
Ouch!! Do we need to ask your response to their offer Mattia?.. :D

• Haha
Reactions: mentepazza

· Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
14,100 Posts
Service day at main dealer. Car with 8500 miles.left the car at 9:30, they call me back at 10:30 the c at is ready to collect. 236 squid and they said rear disks rusty need replaced. Quoted for rear disks 971 pounds.
:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
I didn’t even discuss the matter. Car 2 Years old, always garaged. Same issue with the 2 Juguar before, rear disc corroded after 1 year.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
They're not even particularly cheap from Euro Car Parts either!

David.

• Wow
Reactions: PeteA

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Not cheap you are right. 700 pounds labour?
forgot to mention when I picked up the car they washed it and vacuum it inside except the centre console. I have asked why wasn’t vacuumed inside and they said “we only to seats and mats”.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts