Jaguar Forum banner
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
And these are unsuitable for winter?
I'm not saying that. I'm not planning on changing mine :) However, they aren't a full snow tyre so it depends where he is taking it.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I have got all season under my caravelle. Good compromise but for previous experience they are not great when you have got 400hp and 75nm of torque. I am going Elgin the 13th and it would be nice to have winter tyres. Not very snowy but it can be just enough to get stack.
Or I will have to get the Velle.
Odd size of tyres makes it very expensive and not any choice.
If I change to 255 not sure Insurance would be happy in case of accident.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
I have got all season under my caravelle. Good compromise but for previous experience they are not great when you have got 400hp and 75nm of torque. I am going Elgin the 13th and it would be nice to have winter tyres. Not very snowy but it can be just enough to get stack.
Ring your insurance. I'm sure they will be fine as they are winter sized.

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
It's an OEM size according to Chris' earlier post.

· Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
14,100 Posts
I think I’ve got more torque in my impact wrench

Reactions: mentepazza

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
😂😂😂
Got a call today from Jaguar. A recall is due, seems pretty serious. Car booked in for next Monday. It will take 10 hours to fix. He didn’t tell me exactly the issue other than: a few sensor need replaced.
I also asked to fix the DAB and he replied: did you push the button?
Next is my question about replacement car while they upgrade or fix sensor/software.
They have got a car for me, it will be a Kia.
What a great service by Jaguar. Can’t believe I bought 5 off the same dealer over the years and they don’t give an absolute…

· Registered
6,785 Posts
Saw an interesting vid on YT this week regarding EVs. To maintain the warranty on the battery, don’t charge above 80%, and don’t go below 20%. interested to know what people are doing around this. Effectively means you lose 40% of range. So the advertised range of EVs is misleading surely?

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Saw an interesting vid on YT this week regarding EVs. To maintain the warranty on the battery, don’t charge above 80%, and don’t go below 20%. interested to know what people are doing around this. Effectively means you lose 40% of range. So the advertised range of EVs is misleading surely?
Not really as clear cut as that and depends massively on the warranty agreed by the manufacturer with the supplier.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
I charge it 100% all the time. Not the right thing for the battery but it’s right for me.
After updating software I have actually noticed how the mileage has Increased and the mileage left is pretty much accurate.
This morning even with 6 Celsius and heated seats on, the showing mileage was the best I have ever seen in 18 months.

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
So charging between 20% and 80% maximises battery life, understood. So does charging slowly. Can't see it being the basis of the warranty though? After all, leccy cars are advertised with their maximum range (i.e. 100% charge) and highest charging rates.

Reactions: ChrisSB

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Can’t remember where but I am sure I recently watched a video of a 7 year old Zoe and after fully charged they have managed 17 miles off the battery pack.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
So charging between 20% and 80% maximises battery life, understood. So does charging slowly. Can't see it being the basis of the warranty though? After all, leccy cars are advertised with their maximum range (i.e. 100% charge) and highest charging rates.
Up until Model Year 22, the I-PACE didn't even have the functionality to control the charge speed or maximum SoC. Jaguar also recommended charging the 100% as the battery is top balanced, so it's good for the battery to be charged.

MY22 added the ability to adjust the maximum (not minimum) SoC but not the charging rate.

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
Reactions: ChrisSB

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
The only large study of (thermally managed) EV battery degradation is the model S/X. The numbers beat Tesla’s estimates by a significant enough margin for them to improve the battery warranty.

Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

· Registered
4,845 Posts
The only large study of (thermally managed) EV battery degradation is the model S/X. The numbers beat Tesla’s estimates by a significant enough margin for them to improve the battery warranty.

View attachment 189136
That looks surprisingly impressive to me, especially when thinking about how many times the battery will have been charged in a car at over 200,000 km

181 - 200 of 222 Posts