Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally this day arrived and pleased to enter the electric cars era with such Jag!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definitely put a smile on my stupid face 😬.

·
18,051 Posts
Congratulation Mattia,

Health to enjoy - it looks lovely!

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Congratulations, that is one very nice looking car. I hope it shows the way forward, and that Jaguar can be a key player in that market. Keep the photos and reports coming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with it & in particular the real world range.

Regular updates would be great if you've got the time.:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congratulations.

Looking forward to hearing how it compares to XF ownership. Enjoy it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks! Done 16 miles today. Drove it like I stole it. Acceleration is addictive. Consumption 2.2 mileskwh. (?? have no idea or comparison).
First impression: driving position almost perfect ( miss already my 18 way seat, here only 10). Cabin is well insulated from outside, no wind noise (this very impressive) and no tyres noise at all (which bothered me a lot on my Tesla test drive). Suspension in comfort mode is excellent. Drives like a Jag should. Not sure about brake pedal and regen system. The pedal feels spongy. Very modern and stylish the dashboard. Nice tech material and love the brushed aluminium. ( I am sure it will disappoint Xj and Xf owners but it’s a very nice place where to seat).
Steering heavy and precise, more than necessary on a 2 ton car. It’s probably too reactive!
overall impressed by what Jaguar achieved here. Let’s see how I will handle range anxiety.

·
Registered
17,512 Posts
Have you had a charging station installed at home?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you had a charging station installed at home?
Pod-point to install Next week.
In Scotland charging through Chargepoint Scotland is free. I will try to use Public charger as much as possible :) I have got one 500ft from
Home, 22kwh.

Reactions: PeteA and OBC John

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Congratulations Matt. It’s a lovely looking car. I too am really interested how you find living with the car, especially range, time to charge and miles/kWh especially in winter here in sunny Scotland!

·
Super Moderator
19,860 Posts
When I test drove one i really liked the one pedal driving, hardly had to use the brake pedal. Does mean you cant coast without your foot on the accelerator though.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Looking good! I'm still loving my ICE planned swan song with the V8. I am almost certain my next car will be an electric (the main reason I justified the SVR to finish my time with fossil fuel) and I'm currently split between Tesla model X or the I-Pace. Will be great to see how you get on with things.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the car yesterday not fully charged, used it a little bit more today and decided to try the 50kwh charger.
Everything went smooth and quick, in 20 minutes charged to 100%, 26kwh topup. Very expensive at 9.42 quid.
Acceleration is addictive. Can’t stop driving like I stole it. consumption very high, difficult make it worse than 45kwh/100 miles.

Reactions: PeteA
1 - 20 of 69 Posts