Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum and wondering if someone can help. We have a 2017 XE RSport with an electric tow bar and a friend asked me to show him how it worked and when I tried to it didn’t. The bar deployed as it should but went straight back. Now when I try to deploy it, it locks in position briefly and then collapses. The only way to hide it is to press the button until it is in it’s home position and then press again to stop it but the light continues to flash. Would much appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Hello & welcome. Pop over to the Introduce yourself section and tell us more about you & the car.

No idea how they work, but may be worth checking the electrics are seated properly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello & welcome. Pop over to the Introduce yourself section and tell us more about you & the car.

No idea how they work, but may be worth checking the electrics are seated properly.
Many thanks for your answer and the welcom.

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Welcome!
If I get a chance tomorrow I’ll have a look in the workshop manual for my X260 XF to see if there is any troubleshooting advice for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You say that deploying the towbar by the switch seems to be failing.

So have you tried deploying the towbar by the touch-screen, (just in case the switch itself is dodgy) ?

On mine, I can apparently scroll across the touch screen and press it to roll the bugger out / in [matron].
(I've never used it myself, but it's worth checking in case the physical switch itself is u/s).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say that deploying the towbar by the switch seems to be failing.

So have you tried deploying the towbar by the touch-screen, (just in case the switch itself is dodgy) ?

On mine, I can apparently scroll across the touch screen and press it to roll the bugger out / in [matron].
(I've never used it myself, but it's worth checking in case the physical switch itself is u/s).
Yes I have tried the touch screen with the same result. the car’s booked in for Monday so perhaps they can fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, just an update. Took the car in this morning to Pentland Jaguar in Perth where the car was purchased and left it with them. We had a call a few hours later to say the tow bar needed replacement at a cost of £1800! We bought the car new in 2017 and the tow bar was an option costing £990 so thats almost double the price to replace it. When I told hIm I wasn’t to happy about that and we had only used a few times he got back with revised price of £700. That’s not what I would expect from a main dealer so we just collected the car and told him we would get it done somewhere else. Very disappointing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts