Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
The OP did say he would need to to some work in the CCF to get it to "function". However, having "Dynamic Mode Confirmed" on the screen with a little flag doesn't necessarily mean that anything has been actually activated to make the engine and/or transmission and/or suspension function any differently. Perhaps @brake-buster could clarify.
Thanks John, I had picked up in the reply to the OP from Onotole in post #6 that no ccf work was required. I was interested to see if this applied to my very early (2008) XF too..

My MY2012 has a badge like you Pete and paddles are on permanently.
Oh.. luckily I have ally paddles now.. so at least I can cross that fault off of the list then... :D

So I had a go at this on my 2008 and now I'm in a right pickle.... I replaced the single auto speed limiter switch with the pair of ASL and Dynamic mode switches from another broken gear selector. Upon refitting the selector module, the start button lights up and pulses. When I put my foot on the brake pedal and press the start button the gear selector now doesn't rise and the start button just goes off. All the appropriate lights on the dash come on but no attempt to start the car and nothing else happens !
I did nothing more than replace the plastic switch body - no changes to the module in any other way.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Have you tried swapping the switch back to the original? The brake pedal switch could cause this but would be a coincidence for it to fail at this point - unless there is a fuse blown somewhere.
Maybe this is a model year compatibility issue - wasn't the vehicle with this mod a 2014? Perhaps the earlier models are wired differently?

The only thing I replaced was the switch facia. When the selector module is now plugged in and I press the new dynamic switch facia, the appropriate message for dynamic mode appears on the instrument display so I don't think its a year/ model issue...?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Are you saying that the dynamic mode shows in the display when you press the relative button even before the car (doesn't) start/s Steve?...

That doesn't sound right to me.. though mine is facelift.. and nowhere near enough to see if that's the same on a/my facelift...

Anyone else?...

Just tried to get into the XF which is out in the courtyard, the doors are frozen shut! Tried the XKR which is snugged up in the garage, it has the same 6 speed gearbox as the Classic XF. With the brake pedal not depressed, pressing the start/stop to turn on the ignition, so engine is not running, then press the Dynamic Mode button I get Dynamic Mode displayed in the driver's dash display. Pressing again shows Dynamic Mode off.

Thanks, that's what mine is doing . Will have a play tomorrow with a battery disconnect and fault check using my iCarsoft and see where that gets me...

Tried pressing the brake pedal really hard when pressing the start button?

Can also check the brake lights do come on too. I think there's only 1 brake switch on the pedal, there was on a spare pedal I bought for the shiney pedal cover. I have a spare brake switch if you need one, easy to twist out and replace.

Thanks for all your help folks, problem now solved [emoji106]. Used my iCarsoft v2 to clear a couple of transmission module errors and lo! all is working as it should.
Haven't used my new dynamic capabilities to their full extent yet due to damp roads but certainly seems to be functioning as expected. Not a bad upgrade for the cost of £50 for a broken second hand gear selector module to rob for the switch pack - happy bunny here [emoji195]

Thanks for all your help folks, problem now solved [emoji106]. Used my iCarsoft v2 to clear a couple of transmission module errors and lo! all is working as it should.
Haven't used my new dynamic capabilities to their full extent yet due to damp roads but certainly seems to be functioning as expected. Not a bad upgrade for the cost of £50 for a broken second hand gear selector module to rob for the switch pack - happy bunny here [emoji195]

Hello mate - just read this page now and am inspired into doing this mod (have the same car as you) - have you noticed a difference when driving with dynamic mode on or has it turned out to be merely an aesthetic mod?

I have found a perceptible difference with dynamic turned on, it shortens accelerator pedal travel for the same revs in comparison to standard D settings. I don't have the adaptive dynamics fitted to my car, so no change in suspension set up. In sports mode, especially using the paddles, then progress becomes much more spirited (my car is also mapped) and the car will rev out to the red line and beyond in each gear (not that I'm sure that's a good thing!). Also in this mode you get the gear indication in big fat numbers on the central instrument cluster just in case you forget! Add DSC off into the mix and things can get quite interesting... 😈

Steve

I have found a perceptible difference with dynamic turned on, it shortens accelerator pedal travel for the same revs in comparison to standard D settings. I don't have the adaptive dynamics fitted to my car, so no change in suspension set up. In sports mode, especially using the paddles, then progress becomes much more spirited (my car is also mapped) and the car will rev out to the red line and beyond in each gear (not that I'm sure that's a good thing!). Also in this mode you get the gear indication in big fat numbers on the central instrument cluster just in case you forget! Add DSC off into the mix and things can get quite interesting... 😈

Steve
Awesome - seems like I definitely need to do this mod then.

Thanks for the response :)

Amrit

thanks for the replies

so , a bit of trim to finish but its getting dark , but the module has been fully swapped out making a whole unit out of my circuit board and support frame and the replacement module with the button and top finisher i wanted
View attachment 183458

and the result is, IT WORKING !! ( or at least it says so on the display , lol )
View attachment 183459

View attachment 183460

quite a lot done the last two days , got the above installed, along with the steering wheel ACC distance button module , rear spoiler/diffuser to the bumper and the collision avoidance
thanks for the replies

so , a bit of trim to finish but its getting dark , but the module has been fully swapped out making a whole unit out of my circuit board and support frame and the replacement module with the button and top finisher i wanted
View attachment 183458

and the result is, IT WORKING !! ( or at least it says so on the display , lol )
View attachment 183459

View attachment 183460

quite a lot done the last two days , got the above installed, along with the steering wheel ACC distance button module , rear spoiler/diffuser to the bumper and the collision avoidance system function button by the fog light switch

BB
Did you replace the whole module, or just switch out the buttons part? I’d love a. Bit of dynamic :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.