81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
18,452 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Got mine today, fitted them and think they're just brilliant!

Mine came straight from China but came surprisingly quickly anyway. No customs issues... they had printed on the outside that they cost some 10€, which probably is about what they're worth.

Apparently intended for the XEL, XFL and XJ - the most popular Jags in China? :D

I think they blend in perfectly and are a clear improvement. To my eye the light is MUCH stronger than the original ones and once I removed the original ones and took a closer look at them I could see why...

The original ones actually only have LED lights at the base which is hidden under the mirror cover, which then reflects along the silvery strip. The new ones have an even very strong light along the whole strip.

I'm really happy with them and think this is a cracking little mod.

Reactions: PeteA and Gav

·
Registered
265 Posts
Got mine today, fitted them and think they're just brilliant!

Mine came straight from China but came surprisingly quickly anyway. No customs issues... they had printed on the outside that they cost some 10€, which probably is about what they're worth.

Apparently intended for the XEL, XFL and XJ - the most popular Jags in China? :D

View attachment 182773

I think they blend in perfectly and are a clear improvement. To my eye the light is MUCH stronger than the original ones and once I removed the original ones and took a closer look at them I could see why...

View attachment 182774

The original ones actually only have LED lights at the base which is hidden under the mirror cover, which then reflects along the silvery strip. The new ones have an even very strong light along the whole strip.

I'm really happy with them and think this is a cracking little mod.
Hopefully mine will be here soon
Was it a simple job to swap over ?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hopefully mine will be here soon
Was it a simple job to swap over ?
Yes, a simple job. What took me longest was to figure out the best way to get the mirror covers off. After removing the two screws and unplugging the old light unit you also need to push in a plastic clip, in the red circle below. Missed that first and couldn't figure out how to get the old lights out until I found that clip.

Check that the lights work before putting the covers back on, because the plugs fit both ways and you need to get the polarity right for them to work.

They look great, obviously when they light up but also when they're off.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
I’m not greedy, just ordered two.

They’re in ‘export customs declaration complete’ status as of 7th Oct so hopefully they’ll have left China by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Go on then!

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
They look great Tom, on a dark coloured car it makes quite the difference! :cool:

Reactions: MajorTom

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Yes they clearly blend in very well with ultimate black. :) it’s just a detail but I also find it nice that they look much slimmer than the original lights.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Mine have arrived in the UK.
Getting close

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
I’ve got an estimate for 27oct, I know late to the party!

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
I’ve got an estimate for 27oct, I know late to the party!
Keep up at the back...

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Good to hear that more jags will soon be totally individual. :)

I think they are actually a small upgrade when it comes to safety because in terms of visibility I think they're better than the OEMs. They're really bright and the swipe movement is so quick that the light looks more like an on/off flash to the eye.

Reactions: PeteA and Statler

·
18,706 Posts
Damn right, I got a free gift with mine though .So extra excited 😁
Free gift you say?
Beware imitation golden thongs though Conor, bad un's have been known to cause skin reactions o_O

81 - 100 of 111 Posts