Jaguar Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
18,867 Posts
I've just fitted my new indicators (very smart, though the seller now has no more to sell). Took about 10 minutes to fit with zero effort, other than working out how to lift the old indicator out and slot the new one in. The box came with a tool to prize the cover off (not needed) and a Torx screwdriver (though I have one).

Incidentally, I sympathise with Alan because I'm just about to have a (very) large chunk taken out of my left arm: skin cancer. Not looking forward to that, but the perils of living in Australia… and I won't be driving for a while.
I'm sure you'll be back to health in no time.

As you say in your next post - staying positive is a good thing.

Wishing you and anyone else with health problems of any kind, all the best.

Reactions: Sdotk and Gav

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
@ivanov Good luck with the surgery! Let us know when it's done.
So far so good. First operation over and recuperating at home. Looking wistfully at my XF languishing with new indicators. I also have a complete set of brake discs and pads ready to install, but that will have to wait for three weeks or so.

For some stay-at-home electronics entertainment, I came across this video on converting my XF to CarPlay
. Remarkable integration: if only it were cheaper! Sorely (pardon the pun) tempted...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Check out this thread....

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
thanks for the link to the right thread (same company, by the looks). I was just impressed with the level of integration: very slick. Miles better than others I've seen.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Just in case someone is not yet convinced how easy it's to install the blinkers I shot a short video today ;)
Nice video: though I should mention that you don't need to remove the mirror glass at all - the top plastic cover can be pulled away without any difficulty and no tools (grab and pull).

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
So far so good. First operation over and recuperating at home.
Good news fella.. wishing you a speedy recovery... (y)

Reactions: Statler and Gav

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Good news fella.. wishing you a speedy recovery... (y)
Ivanov, ^this.
Glad to hear you’re on the mend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Got my dynamic mirror indicators fitted, very easy. Was also going to change the incandescent bulbs in the puddle lamps to LEDs while the mirror was apart but I just couldn't figure how to get the lenses to release and come out so gave up.

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Good luck with that. You could do it with the pre facelift version but not the facelift...you would brake the mirror before you'll be able to grab and pull my friend.
Mine is an MY12 (facelift) - it worked easily, with nothing broken.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Mine is an MY12 (facelift) - it worked easily, with nothing broken.
Could be that they changed it the design at some later point. Mine’s also a facelift and there was no way to get the covers off that way.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Could be that they changed it the design at some later point. Mine’s also a facelift and there was no way to get the covers off that way.
I thought that at first, but persisted - was rather concerned in that I didn't want to break anything, but with a little bit of pressure, and by looking at a video or two on various forums, I realised that it was very simple. Perhaps Jaguar did change the design in later years, but in my facelift, even the retaining tabs that people suggest levering out of the way are flexible enough to pop out. The hardest part for me was the removal of the actual indicator unit, and the replacement - the effort required to snap them back in is more than you'd expect.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts