201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Hope you get better soon Alan.. (y)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Aw, thanks guys. Currently in the hospital having more blood tests and expecting yet more jabs in the bum.

Nurse wasn’t very good at blood extraction 🙁

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Looks more like a dartboard! :D Hope you recover soon, not had cellulitis but have suffered with swollen limbs through a kidney malfunction, it is very uncomfortable.

Reactions: cutlea01

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Funny I thought the same (in other thread). Fast recovery Alan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: cutlea01

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Mine arrived today.

10 minutes to fit. Nice easy upgrade.

Amazed at the quality for the price.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: idrobbo and Gav

·
Registered
167 Posts
Had cellulitis in my right leg years ago. Was on IV antibiotics for three weeks. At one point the docs talked about chopping the leg off.

Hope you get better soon.

·
Super Moderator
20,102 Posts
I had cellulitis too. I woke up one morning and said to the wife my foot hurts. By midday I couldn’t walk on it. off to the hospital, thankfully I caught it early and a short course of antibiotics cleared it up.

Seriously worrying though going from it hurts, to being unable to walk in 3-4 hours.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've had antibiotics via IV, then IM (bum jabs). After 5 days of IM the blood test results showed partial liver failure :oops: So I was swapped onto oral ABs. Had an ultrasound scan of every internal organ today and 2 lots of bloods taken, that's 9 vials in all. I can count 9 holes in my right arm too. The LFT's which were "disarranged" are showing a slight realign but to be safe they have sent the bloods for a full spectrum scan for everything, hep, aids etc, I presume to cover themselves. Results on Saturday so 2 days with no hospital appointments. I'm to continue on oral ABs and ibuprofen only for pain relief, no more paracetamol in case that was upsetting the liver. Arm is definitely healing, but boy, does it still hurt. And I can't use it at all.

Reactions: drewdrew

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Hang on in there Alan.. they will get you sorted... (y)

Reactions: cutlea01 and Gav

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Jeez Alan, you're getting a rough ride at the moment. Chin up!

Reactions: cutlea01 and Gav

·
Registered
18,733 Posts
Doesn't sound a whole lot of fun, Alan. Fingers crossed that the bloods come back clear and you are on the mend. Promise yourself a nice, long drive in the beautiful XK when you're out the other end of this.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Doesn't sound a whole lot of fun, Alan. Fingers crossed that the bloods come back clear and you are on the mend. Promise yourself a nice, long drive in the beautiful XK when you're out the other end of this.
Cheers for good wishes guys. Nope, not fun. I've really been enjoying the drive of the XFS to and from the hospital pretty much daily for a week. I've not been commuting since I moved here in April and daily use of the car, driving mostly single handed for the 20 minute or so drive to/from the hospital is still luxury and a very pleasant place to be. I've a growing box of bits to bolt on/change/fix/modify on the XKR, just looking forwards to when the arm will allow me back in the garage.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I've just fitted my new indicators (very smart, though the seller now has no more to sell). Took about 10 minutes to fit with zero effort, other than working out how to lift the old indicator out and slot the new one in. The box came with a tool to prize the cover off (not needed) and a Torx screwdriver (though I have one).

Incidentally, I sympathise with Alan because I'm just about to have a (very) large chunk taken out of my left arm: skin cancer. Not looking forward to that, but the perils of living in Australia… and I won't be driving for a while.

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Trust it all goes well for you.

Reactions: ivanov

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Good luck with the surgery ivanov.. (y)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
As long as people don’t get the idea that only invalids change their wing mirror indicators! (staying positive for now...)

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
As long as people don’t get the idea that only invalids change their wing mirror indicators! (staying positive for now...)
I think I qualify as invalid these days, or maybe it's idiot! :D

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
18,733 Posts
@ivanov Good luck with the surgery! Let us know when it's done.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
201 - 220 of 233 Posts