Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Both codes can be found on Google, neither are to do with DRLs/sidelights..

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,293 Posts
I'd start by using the search function on this site.
A quick look suggests that your answers are on here.

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
I had auto electrician out who gave me the codes they carnt deleat them I checked Google I carnt find them
So, the auto electrician plugged in his code reader, told you the DTCs and that he couldn't clear them and went away? Please tell us who he is so we can avoid him/her?

Reactions: ade3101

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
Next step: Have you tried a battery disconnect?
Open the boot but wait a few minutes for the car to fully shutdown. Then remove the negative lead from the battery and touch it to the positive post. This will discharge the system. Reconnect.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Next step: Have you tried a battery disconnect?
Open the boot but wait a few minutes for the car to fully shutdown. Then remove the negative lead from the battery and touch it to the positive post. This will discharge the system. Reconnect.
For reference, this shows how long you should wait.. and you need to remember to move the keys well away from the car!
Material property Font Parallel

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
You're welcome.. but DO remember to move the keys well away from the car otherwise it won't/may not shut down fully, which can open up a whole new world of sh1te!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Your 2017 XF is an X260 model, so you're looking in the wrong section.
Download the Workshop manual I posted up in the X260 section. It will help you decode this.

Looks like it's pointing to two faulty headlamp units. The workshop manual lists the codes but has two extra numbers which further point to the actual issue.
Mostly they refer to lack of power, short or open circuit.

Obvious one, have you checked the wiring plugs are connected to the headlights?
Check the wiring to make sure it isn't kinked, caught or nipped somewhere around the front of the car.

Advice in the manual is to clear the codes and see if they come back

The X260 uses normal bulbs in the indicators, it would be worth removing them to see if anything changes. 'Normal' bulbs can go open circuit or short circuit if they go faulty.

Here is a selection of options for one of your codes. You can see the extra number on the code I mentioned

It could be a dud battery though. Did your Auto spark test it for you?

Font Parallel Number Document Pattern

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
Could we be talking the dreaded water ingress here?

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,062 Posts
Reactions: PeteA
1 - 20 of 24 Posts