Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to lock the car as usual by pressing the button on the drivers door handle but it didn't work. It locks keyless on all the other door buttons or the key fobs.
The button switch is still making the clicking noise when pressed, tried both fobs and everything works as it should except the drivers door button. All doors lock correctly and unlock correctly using any method except drivers keyless button, so not the usual actuator problem.

Any ideas? No on screen messages, batteries all good in fobs and car.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Could just be one of those things. See how it is in the morning, if it's still doing it try a battery reset maybe.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi, to double check if the door button is indeed faulty or good you could try one of the other handles in it's place, the're not difficult to remove. Phil

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, to double check if the door button is indeed faulty or good you could try one of the other handles in it's place, the're not difficult to remove. Phil
Looking on YouTube it's 1 screw to undo then remove the small part and then the handle. I assume that it has a cable and connector to also unplug?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi, DO NOT remove the screw completely, start undoing it and then keep trying the small post by the handle until it is loose, there is no cable attached to the outer handle only the interior one, there is an electrical plug, be careful this does not fall inside the door. Phil

Reactions: FCS

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, DO NOT remove the screw completely, start undoing it and then keep trying the small post by the handle until it is loose, there is no cable attached to the outer handle only the interior one, there is an electrical plug, be careful this does not fall inside the door. Phil
After noticing that it clearly has VOLVO printed on it I searched and found that the XC60 and maybe 90 use same handle. YouTube video shows a XC60 handle exchange plus I found videos showing lock mechanism exchange that show about that screw too. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today I went to lock the car as usual by pressing the button on the drivers door handle but it didn't work. It locks keyless on all the other door buttons or the key fobs.
The button switch is still making the clicking noise when pressed, tried both fobs and everything works as it should except the drivers door button. All doors lock correctly and unlock correctly using any method except drivers keyless button, so not the usual actuator problem.

Any ideas? No on screen messages, batteries all good in fobs and car.

Thanks
I've just had this. The rear offside door button has not been working for a few weeks (I've been trying it most days), so booked it in at the local Jaguar dealer to get it looked at under the extended warranty. They've just called to say that it is working and no fault found! Any ideas?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was a broken wire in the ribbon cable coming off the back of the handle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine was a broken wire in the ribbon cable coming off the back of the handle.
Thanks. As there is no fault showing today, the dealer won't look at it without potentially charging me £££££, so I'll wait and see if it reoccurs and then head straight back.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. As there is no fault showing today, the dealer won't look at it without potentially charging me £££££, so I'll wait and see if it reoccurs and then head straight back.
All the door handles are identical, so you can swap front to back and side to side. After finding the problem with mine I bought a secondhand one in correct colour from a breaker for just over £25.00 delivered, fitted in minutes and not had a problem since. New handles are silly money.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I had the exact same with the drivers door handle on my XKR. Taking the handle off which is quite easy (just don't undo the grub screw so far it falls out into the bottom of the door cavity), could see one of the cables (yellow I think) had been chafing and had worn through. Easy second hand replacement.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Good news Richard, (sort of) glad it it went wrong again for you. Hopefully will get sorted easily and quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts