Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my boyhood dream of owning a Jaguar sports car has come true! I’m now quite a few years later lol the very proud owner of a F Type R Dynamic 3.0 V6. Went to my first Jaguar meet today at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon which was fantastic! Can’t wait for the next meet. Some dealer photos attached and one with my new reg plate too 😉😀

Attachments

·
Registered
23,875 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Martyn. And to Jaguar ownership.
Great looking F-Type you've bagged yourself there.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Welcome to the fantastic world of Jaguar ownership! :) Cracking looking car you got yourself there! The spec looks quite similar to mine.

Looks like it was a brilliant event today. I went up to join the breakfast meet two months ago and wish I could have gone up today too. It's quite a drive but I'm getting more and more tempted to drive up some time again.

I'm a bit intrigued by your bonnet vents. I wonder if the previous owner changed to older vents because as far as I know these facelift cars all have the "shrouded" more closed off vents, as you can see on mine here.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the fantastic world of Jaguar ownership! :) Cracking looking car you got yourself there! The spec looks quite similar to mine.

Looks like it was a brilliant event today. I went up to join the breakfast meet two months ago and wish I could have gone up today too. It's quite a drive but I'm getting more and more tempted to drive up some time again.

I'm a bit intrigued by your bonnet vents. I wonder if the previous owner changed to older vents because as far as I know these facelift cars all have the "shrouded" more closed off vents, as you can see on mine here.

View attachment 193740
Hi, thank you. Today was brilliant, far better than I imagined it would be. Apparently there was over 300 supercharged cars registered alone!
Sorry, haven’t a clue about the bonnet vents. Maybe somebody on here might read this and help?
Great to meet you and maybe see you at an event soon
Cheers

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
The earlier F-types have the kind of open mesh vents that seem to be fitted to your car. It seems like the design changed because the mesh vents let in too much water which could cause issues especially with cars parked outdoors.

There's a fair bit of talk about this on the UK based F-Type forum and in the F-Type section of the huge US Jaguar forum so I recommend you take a look there. Even if those forums contain much more F-Type specific info than on here jaginfo is still nicest of them all. :)

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
327 Posts
🎵🎵🎵

...Look at me babe, I'm with you
You know you got to have hope
You know you got to be strong...

🎵🎵🎵

If you know, you know ;) :LOL:

·
21,279 Posts
Very tidy!!!

And welcome!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Welcome! That’s a lovely looking car you have there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts