Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Makes me cringe even more in that case as you'll have been squeezing some pressure onto the handle too. I think we should call you zorro from now on 馃槀
"Dumb-ass" would be more appropriate!

Registered
As far as my recent injuries go, I cut the tip of my thumb chopping garlic the other week. Not quite enough to get any blood, but enough to show some red. It's been far more painful and troublesome than it should have been.
Sort of akin a paper cut. So sore.
The garlic should have sanitised it though. Well, made it tasty at least.

Premium Member
I was at the same school as Harold Shipman, didn't really know him though, I was a year older, December 1944 me:

"January 14 1946
Harold Shipman is born on Nottingham's Bestwood council estate. Later, at school, he works his way through the 11-plus into the city's High Pavement Grammar school, where he was known as a loner."

Reactions: DAVENN

Registered
Sort of akin a paper cut. So sore.
The garlic should have sanitised it though. Well, made it tasty at least.
I'm probably sanitised from the inside out with the amount of garlic we eat. 6 bulbs a week on average.

Keeps the vampires away, along with everyone else :LOL:

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
we buy frozen now, pre chopped, far easier than pissing about chopping bulbs

@OBC John jeez that sounds horrific :( glad you made an almost full recovery.

Reactions: OBC John and DAVENN

Firm Rampant Member
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was at the same school as Harold Shipman, didn't really know him though, I was a year older, December 1944 me:

"January 14 1946
Harold Shipman is born on Nottingham's Bestwood council estate. Later, at school, he works his way through the 11-plus into the city's High Pavement Grammar school, where he was known as a loner."
His missus ALLEGEDLY had some issues in accessing his GP pension .

Registered
we buy frozen now, pre chopped, far easier than pissing about chopping bulbs

@OBC John jeez that sounds horrific :( glad you made an almost full recovery.
Ditto to the garlic lol

AH, don't worry about John.....it was only a flesh wound ;)

Haven't got any pics, as I did it in the early 90's in Germany - basically ran through a plate glass window (well, seating area divider outside a coffee shop), stumbled...and as I landed with both hands outstretched, a shard of glass larger then the gap from my fingers to the the thumb web nearly took my thumb off.........

Took to a military (Wegberg) surgeon to sow the nerve together and my web/thumb - have no web and no real deep feeling on the inside of my thumb (2 main nerves, one up either side)

Registered
I tried frozen garlic and jars of pre cut but it's never had the full potency and flavour of fresh.

Registered
Got a cracked wisdom tooth which has been belting me with insane pain on and off for the past few months. Pain shoots right into your brain and I still have a month and a half to go until appointment with the extraction clinic.

16 years ago this car decided to ram into me whilst on my bike. I got trapped under her front bumper, still in riding position on bike but horizontal being dragged along the road as she leisurely slowed down. She dragged me over 40 metres according to the police, you can see the scrap marks). I actually manged to ride home, but it was when I took my bike boots off that my ankles went crazy. I've got a photo somewhere of them. All the tendons had been ripped to pieces or something, took a long time to heal and I still can't twist fast etc so a lot of sports have had to be abandoned.

I was then kicked squarely in the stones when I ended up being charged with careless driving and got a whole load of points and a fine, plus it meant by default I lost the insurance claim. Gave up after that.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts