Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Firm Rampant Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps a section where we can discuss our various ailments would be a good idea?

For me

T2....stable with low carbs and exercise.
SFPN.. can be crippling and/or extremely painful.
AMD. Amsler test every morning.
Patella Tenonitis...bloody hurts.

Joint Shoulder Arm Muscle Organ

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
an x-ray of my knee a few years ago, better now tho...

Reactions: Ianf and DAVENN

Registered
A few years back now.
This (done by hand slipping down the wet handle of a carving knife and onto the blade)

Turned into this after 5 hours of surgery . .

Firm Rampant Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Registered
Third and little finger are constricted but do work.
The surgery, as you can imagine, is very fine and delicate work, reattaching tendons and the like. The surgeon (and I later learned he is one of the top hand surgeons in the country) has hands like two bunches of bananas! Strange.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rigger

Registered
Ooooofff! Some of these bring back memories. I took on physics back in 2014. Walking out of the house shortly after parking the Saab I saw it slip its moorings as the brakes cooed down. The car was parked 5ft from the wall and was rolling slowly (to start with!) towards it. No problem I thought and put my shoulder in to stop it!!! Now, 15m of level road and nothing behind, you might have half a chance. But 5ft and the incline resulted in 500kg+ of force!!

The photo of the Saab and the wall shows the space my wrist / arm was left with! You can see the wheelie bin that possibly saved my arm and maybe my life. The small wheel on the bin was directly in line with the rear offside wheel of the car. It stopped the car dead - 1 inch from hitting the wall and dragging me with it!!

My wrist was broken in 6 places - lots of the bones on the wrist / hand. My memory is that horrid noise that a car hitting something makes, slowed down by the shock and the noise of crunching bones. I have about 80% movement of the wrist now and stiff joint on cold mornings! Luckily the first hand surgeon got me in front of a really amazing surgeon - this meant the wrist didn't have to be fused... he was amazed that I didn't smash all the bones in my arm!
Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

So the wheelie bin saving the day and the surgeon's skills make me realise how it was the luckiest day of my life. Had I died I would have won a Darwin award, surely!!!?

Registered
Oooh! Lucky guy!
Like you, I can only wonder at the surgeon's skills. And thank our predecessors for the NHS. World class care, essentially free.

Reactions: Avantime

Registered
Oooh! Lucky guy!
Like you, I can only wonder at the surgeon's skills. And thank our predecessors for the NHS. World class care, essentially free.
Yes - lucky. Just seconds before my eldest son (16 at the time) had taken his cricket kit out of the boot. I think the closing of it triggered the car starting to roll. Thank god he didn't see this or react like I did!!

Registered
Just out of interest John, did you try and catch the knife? The number of first aid related injuries we have at work with people essentially dropping stanley knives and then attempting to catch them/juggle with them amazes me. Drop the bugger and shift your feet out the way quickly!

Registered
Just out of interest John, did you try and catch the knife? The number of first aid related injuries we have at work with people essentially dropping stanley knives and then attempting to catch them/juggle with them amazes me. Drop the bugger and shift your feet out the way quickly!
No, Phil. That would have been quite sensible in comparison to what actually happened.
I was chopping up some vegetables and when I'd finished thought it would be "fun" to stick the knife into the chopping board. Wet handle - clenched fist slipped down the blade. Sliced through the tendons of all four fingers.
Strangely little pain or blood.

Registered
No, Phil. That would have been quite sensible in comparison to what actually happened.
I was chopping up some vegetables and when I'd finished thought it would be "fun" to stick the knife into the chopping board. Wet handle - clenched fist slipped down the blade. Sliced through the tendons of all four fingers.
Strangely little pain or blood.
Oooofff! Just thinking about that makes me queasy!!

This thread could end up like the boat / drinking scene on Jaws!!!

Registered
Makes me cringe even more in that case as you'll have been squeezing some pressure onto the handle too. I think we should call you zorro from now on 馃槀

Registered
As far as my recent injuries go, I cut the tip of my thumb chopping garlic the other week. Not quite enough to get any blood, but enough to show some red. It's been far more painful and troublesome than it should have been.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts