Jaguar Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Well I didn't request a refund for last year so presumably in for this year. Son Mikey is taking his '69 Mach 1 with the MOCGB group.
Ooh nice 😍

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Thanks, will you clean the horse lorry out first?
It will be well rotted in the back by then, the smell is negligible 😁

Reactions: Statler

·
19,578 Posts
No hotels open for me an Riggs, but given the current parental situation at home, this would be impossible for me anyway.
Hopefully 2022 will be kinder....
Likewise for me Steve.

Next trip is scheduled for Mid April - and is anything from 6 to 8/9 weeks long.

Maybe next year.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Does this mean that we have a meet happening, and I don't need to see all your ugly mugs as we are still wearing masks??

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
CLUB BOOKING IF YOU ARE BRINGING A DISPLAY CAR

CLUB TICKET BOOKING DEADLINE FOR THOSE BRINGING A DISPLAY CAR: 5pm Sunday April 25th 2021

ORDER ONLINE
If you already have an MSV account, login. Otherwise, create an account. You’ll then be presented with a page showing the conditions for displaying a vehicle - click the box at the bottom to say that you agree, then you’ll be taken to a page that asks ‘who are you displaying with?’ Select ‘With a club’ then select our club name from the list that appears and press ‘Continue’

Select the day or days that you wish to attend (Saturday, Sunday or both) and press ‘Continue’

CAR DETAILS: Add the details of the vehicle/s you will be bringing to display on the club stand.

TICKET SELECTION: IMPORTANT - the online club ordering system automatically puts one combined adult driver entry ticket/display vehicle parking pass for your chosen day/days into your shopping basket before you get to the ticket selection area. This ticket gives entry to both the driver and their car. So, when you get to ticket selection, please only select any passenger entry tickets that you may need.

In the shopping basket you will see any additional tickets you have chosen showing as entry tickets and your combined driver entry ticket/parking pass will show as a vehicle display pass (shown at the price for an entry ticket). The tickets will automatically be discounted by 50% so you don’t need to enter a club code.

ORDER BY PHONE

Call the MSV ticket hotline 0843 453 9000* and give our club name and discount code DHF_21_47J54PV

to receive the 50% club discount. As you are planning on bringing a display car, please make sure you request a combined driver entry ticket/display parking pass as one of your tickets and give details of your car. *Calls cost 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.

Need to amend the details of your registered display car once you have bought your driver entry ticket? Email [email protected] and they will be able to change the vehicle details in their system and issue a replacement combined display parking pass/driver entry ticket for you.

Need additional parking only passes (not additional combined driver entry tickets/parking passes)? For example if you have bought your driver entry ticket/parking pass but plan to bring a different car on each of the two days of the event so need a pass that will allow you to part the different car to that listed on your combined driver entry ticket/parking pass on the second day. Email Karen Coe - [email protected]. Please note Karen cannot issue entry tickets to the event.

COMING TO THE EVENT BUT NOT BRINGING A DISPLAY CAR?

Or bringing a display car and want to buy extra passenger entry tickets only after you’ve already completed your original purchase?
Please purchase entry tickets using the ‘normal’ booking website: MSV Tickets - Donington Historic Festival - Donington Park

and enter our club discount code at checkout. Alternatively call the MSV ticket hotline on 0843 453 9000* and quote the club code DHF_21_47J54PV.

ALREADY BOOKED AND HAVE QUERIES ABOUT YOUR BOOKING/TICKETS?

Please contact the MSV ticketing team Tel: 0343 453 9000 or email [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Bad news everyone.

Dear Car Club Organisers

I am immensely disappointed and very sorry to have to let you know that new guidance was issued by government yesterday- Tuesday 6 April - which contradicts the previous position that spectators would be permitted at non-elite sport events from Step Two of the roadmap (12 April onwards). As a result of yesterday's announcement, the 2021 Donington Historic Festival can now only be run behind closed doors, with only essential personnel attending.

Whilst outdoor attractions like zoos and theme parks can reopen, and events such as boot fairs, steam rallies and food festivals can take place with up to 4,000 visitors per day, a specific ban has now been applied to spectators at sport events until 17 May. This means that all events due to take place between 12 April and 17 May will have to be run behind closed doors.

I know exactly how hard some of you have worked to promote the event to your members, and how disappointed you will all be that DHF is not permitted to welcome spectators this year.

Those of you and your members who have already booked will, along with all other affected customers, be contacted by email by Donington Park's operators, MSV, with options on how to manage your booking - including obtaining refunds. Please note, while I'm always happy to help where I can, I don't handle ticketing at all, and it's not handled from the DHF office, so ticketholders should wait to hear from MSV. You can read more about this here: http://news.msv.com/statement-5-march.aspx

Once again, I am so very sorry and disappointed to have to give you this news. I can only hope that we can see each other again next year.

With best wishes

Karen

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Shame really Chris. Once again, no continutiy of advice or regulation from HM Gov.
Well, hopefully we'll be able to get over next year, assuming I've the engine sorted.... :)

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Jeez, I was really looking forward to this one, that’s three events cancelled this year already ☹

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Bugger.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
Anyone know if Jags at the Castle will be on this year?

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Anyone know if Jags at the Castle will be on this year?
Graham has stepped back from organising so at the moment there is no one to do it. I'm hoping JBC can take over.

Reactions: JayF and OBC John

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
FFS.......bring in the COVID passports

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
FFS.......bring in the COVID passports
I'm all for them, but I wonder if we won't have them for fear of causing offence and discrimination complaints? But how much, of a percentage, of the population would likely be discriminated? Those that could have, but choose not to have a vaccination - that's their choice, so you don't come into the pub/club/event, that's not discrimination. Those that can't have a vaccination, will be medically exempt, and will therefore be able to prove so.

Reactions: R17

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
I'm all for them.. and even more pleased that nobody will be able to forge them...

;)

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
Shame really Chris. Once again, no continutiy of advice or regulation from HM Gov.
Well, hopefully we'll be able to get over next year, assuming I've the engine sorted.... :)
It’s a moving target. Advice dished out a few months ago becomes out of date if things aren’t going to plan. I’d guess the European 3rd wave has them worried. They‘d be neglegent if they didn’t react.

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Well, I shall get a refund this time, can always book again for next year if I can/want to.

·
Super Moderator
12,006 Posts
Well, I shall get a refund this time, can always book again for next year if I can/want to.
Planning to do likewise Wilf.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
£12.50 will buy you 2 beers when you're allowed in the pub

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
It's half a bottle of gin!

121 - 140 of 145 Posts