Jaguar Forum banner

Donington Historic Festival 2021 - CLOSED TO SPECTATORS

8K views 144 replies 17 participants last post by  wilf 
#1 ·
No, this isn’t a celebration of Wilf’s previous escapades ;)

There are few places on earth where motorsport fans can enjoy eight decades worth of racing, but that's exactly what the Donington Historic Festival provides, with cars in action from as far back as the 1920s.

With a mix of pre-war sports cars, Sixties saloons, mighty GT cars and much more, this event features hundreds of racing machines, with many rare and immensely valuable examples among the roster.

Big car club displays, exhibitions, demonstrations and themed trade areas all add to the festival feel, with the open paddock allowing easy access to amazing cars and numerous star drivers!
Date is 1-3 May 2020. We attended last year and I think those that came enjoyed themselves.

Who’s in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#74 ·
It’s only 6 weeks away. I doubt we’ll be through the worst of this by then. At least in NI anyway.

London should be over the hump by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#75 ·
Good point - will the meet even be going ahead?

If the breakfast club is cancelling their meet, and the gov't are telling us that we shouldn't be gathering in large groups, then what chance is there of this meet happening?

@ChrisSB - you had any word from the organisers yet?

#76 ·
Nothing yet. Still weeks away. Breakfast club is only two weeks away hence the cancellation.

#77 ·
Bicester classic car meet at the end of April has been canned as has the TVR Season Opener at Burghley, also in April, so it’s getting close

#78 ·
Inevitable really.

TUESDAY 24 MARCH 2020
DONINGTON HISTORIC FESTIVAL – UPDATE

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, Motorsport UK (the governing body for motorsport in the UK) has today extended its suspension of all motorsport events until at least 30th June.

This means that, sadly, we have to postpone the Donington Historic Festival to an alternative date later in the year.

The Donington Historic Festival website and social media channels will be kept up to date with the latest information and we would ask you to please bear with us as we look into the options.

www.doningtonhistoric.com
Facebook: Donington Historic Festival
Twitter: https://twitter.com/donington_hist
Instagram: Donington Historic Festival (@doningtonhistoric) • Instagram photos and videos

Existing Ticket Holders
The policy of MSV, who operate Donington Park, is as follows:
'In the event a race meeting is postponed, all tickets will be valid for the rescheduled event. If you let us know that you can't make the rescheduled date once it’s been announced, you will get a refund. If a race meeting is cancelled entirely and not rescheduled, you will automatically get a refund. We hope that this approach will provide total comfort and reassurance to our customers.'

We would like to thank all of our staff, participants and visitors for their understanding and support during this difficult time. Please follow all official guidance to do what you can to keep yourselves and others safe and well.

#79 ·
Just had the email confirming the above, let’s hope the rescheduled date is convenient, it seems that many events are being rescheduled for later in the year, if indeed that can be.
looks like September will be a busy month for all motorsport events lol

#81 ·
DONINGTON HISTORIC FESTIVAL RESCHEDULED TO 2021

It is with great regret that Historic Promotions and MotorSport Vision announce that the Donington Historic Festival will not now be taking place in 2020.

The next Donington Historic Festival will be held in 2021 - the Festival’s 10th anniversary.

When DHF 2020 was originally postponed from its May 1,2,3 dates due to COVID 19 restrictions, we hoped to be able to reschedule for later this year and have been working very hard ever since to try to make this happen. However, these remain extraordinary times and, as with modern motorsport, the international historic calendar has been thrown into disarray by the current circumstances. Consequently, it has simply not been possible to come up with a suitable date this year which would allow the fantastic line-up of historic race grids - which, with their cars and drivers from across the world form the backbone of the Festival - to take part.

We know the cancellation of the 2020 event will be a great disappointment to so many people, as it is for us, and we thank you all for your understanding. The DHF team will now start planning for the Festival’s 10th anniversary event in 2021, where we will look to celebrate our love of historic motorsport with both spectators and competitors. We can’t wait to see and hear those fabulous classic racing machines in action round the sweeping Donington Park circuit once again.

2020 ticket holders will be entitled to use their tickets for the 2021 Festival or to request a full refund and MSV will be contacting ticket holders over the coming weeks when their offices reopen.

#83 ·
I haven’t requested one. Just transferred my ticket to next year.

#84 ·
I got my refund a few weeks back.
Just emailed the address they proffered and back it came. You have to ask for it mind, it won't come automagically.

Call Centre Requests <request@msv.com>
Quote your booking reference number

#90 ·
So I shall book the stand again for 2021.

Who is in?

1. ChrisSB

#95 ·
Just book the same space as last time Chris assuming most haven't claimed a refund. There's no penalty for numbers not showing up anyway.

#100 ·
35 mins from me. Count me in, if it's on.

Reactions: ChrisSB
#104 ·
Who is in?

1. ChrisSB
2. R17
3. Ancill
4. 'Chopped liver' aka Wilf

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.