Jaguar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,799 Posts
Nurse at the GP Surgery just told me I'm at high risk of this Virus palava and to avoid groups of people and self isolate as much as possible. Hopefully the drama will be over by May or I'm either not going or will be sat in the car all day :(

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Maybe we can find a space suit for you Geoff? We do have contacts able to source unusual items, like festive or luminous mankinis, after all.

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Phew - finally got sorted and got booked. 3 spaces left.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
That's Allan and me booked in with Sid... 2 spaces left :D

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Looking forward to seeing you Steve, us old car botherers need to stick together. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,799 Posts
Good to see you 2 foreigners are coming. If you're coming all that way may as well see the Saturday events too, plenty going on.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Looking forward to seeing you Steve, us old car botherers need to stick together. :)
Thanks for not lumping me into that sentence ;)

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Thank you gents!
We'll probably travel on Saturday so we can get in early on Sunday, hopefully under our own steam and not courtesy of the RAC..

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
On top of everything else today, we are getting double posts!

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Thanks for not lumping me into that sentence ;)

Your blue whizzer ain't old!

Just getting to be "seasoned" as stands.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Your blue whizzer ain't old!

Just getting to be "seasoned" as stands.
I assumed you were commenting about yours and Steves' ages.......not the cars

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hopefully this virus business has all blown over before May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Maybe, maybe not, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
It’s only 6 weeks away. I doubt we’ll be through the worst of this by then. At least in NI anyway.

London should be over the hump by then.

·
19,190 Posts
Good point - will the meet even be going ahead?

If the breakfast club is cancelling their meet, and the gov't are telling us that we shouldn't be gathering in large groups, then what chance is there of this meet happening?

@ChrisSB - you had any word from the organisers yet?

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Nothing yet. Still weeks away. Breakfast club is only two weeks away hence the cancellation.

·
Super Moderator
28,673 Posts
Bicester classic car meet at the end of April has been canned as has the TVR Season Opener at Burghley, also in April, so it’s getting close

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Inevitable really.

TUESDAY 24 MARCH 2020
DONINGTON HISTORIC FESTIVAL – UPDATE

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, Motorsport UK (the governing body for motorsport in the UK) has today extended its suspension of all motorsport events until at least 30th June.

This means that, sadly, we have to postpone the Donington Historic Festival to an alternative date later in the year.

The Donington Historic Festival website and social media channels will be kept up to date with the latest information and we would ask you to please bear with us as we look into the options.

www.doningtonhistoric.com
Facebook: Donington Historic Festival
Twitter: https://twitter.com/donington_hist
Instagram: Donington Historic Festival (@doningtonhistoric) • Instagram photos and videos

Existing Ticket Holders
The policy of MSV, who operate Donington Park, is as follows:
'In the event a race meeting is postponed, all tickets will be valid for the rescheduled event. If you let us know that you can't make the rescheduled date once it’s been announced, you will get a refund. If a race meeting is cancelled entirely and not rescheduled, you will automatically get a refund. We hope that this approach will provide total comfort and reassurance to our customers.'

We would like to thank all of our staff, participants and visitors for their understanding and support during this difficult time. Please follow all official guidance to do what you can to keep yourselves and others safe and well.

·
Super Moderator
28,673 Posts
Just had the email confirming the above, let’s hope the rescheduled date is convenient, it seems that many events are being rescheduled for later in the year, if indeed that can be.
looks like September will be a busy month for all motorsport events lol

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Won't be good for me, as we hope to be in Portugal for much of September.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts