Jaguar Forum banner

Do I Need a Psycho Tiatrist....?

3K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  JakeBlade 
#1 ·
My jide and proy is just turning 6 years old now, and due its MOT on Wednesday. It is just 25 miles or so short of turning 10k miles, so have decided not to use it until MOT passed.....as it will. I have just got this thing in ma heid to have only four figures on this MOT, rather than the five.
Is there any help available out there for this......?

#5 ·
Catch a bus to work or wherever you want to go ....

#7 ·
Kev, the XJ is designed to be driven and enjoyed. There is no virtue in it sitting on your drive, making like a brick, albeit a nicely shaped brick. Get yee in it and go for a drive!!

#8 ·
Gorra be joking, John........gorrit in August at 6k.......now nearly 10k.......and that with nearly a month not driving after poo machine surgery.....! Never stop driving the bliddy thing......usually been doing 6/7k in a YEAR fgs.....lol! Cannot get over the quiet performance of the thing......if my customer base when I was in business had “allowed” me, I wouldah had one then. Driving nice expensive cars in Scotlland meant yer ripping off somebody......!!!

#13 ·
Oh, Kevin. 6k miles in a year? I WALK 6k miles in a year! (Exaggerates for effect. :sneaky: ). I've put 32k miles on mine in the 2 years I've owned it. She still looks and feels like new. (When she's had a good wash . . . dirty girl! )

#10 · (Edited)
Superb.......”Ignore” feature carried over from old format....no need to renew...PLEASE.......nobody attach his usual rubbish misspelt comment to their post.......thanks. Even his twin brothers have disowned him........lol.
Then his post suddenly disappears......anybody get a chance to read it before he deleted it......? Did he say “should OF” again......? People Black-and-white

#11 ·
Don’t fret big Kev. The post is still there.

I’ll quote it for you if you’d like? [emoji56][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Plan was to allez a la France in it this year, John, so no scared of well using it in the least but need to stop finding excuses to drive it unless a decent distance. This bliddy cigar virus thing has hit France on the heid naturally.

#16 ·
Just in case Wee Stevie McTroll is asking.....yes......passed its MOT, 18 miles short of 10k miles at six years old next week.

#20 ·
No Kev, I am a similar "eejit", do it every time, god forbid the tester should get his hands dirty! Phil

#21 ·
eejit number three reporting in.... :D

#24 ·
No I posted this a few weeks ago, in my mind set a clean car = it’s been looked after, so the mot‘r will look at it with compassion

#26 ·
Same here. I always make sure the engine compartment is spotless before a service. Let's them know I do look under the bonnet from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Can you send Tomorrow down here when they've finished then please... 🤪

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.