Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Sorry to hear that Big Yin.

I’ve always used ‘crap fuel’ and never felt any ill effect.

My 2.2d XF did 92k from new, all on Tesco diesel.
15k on the same in my current 2.0d. I’d imagine it’s first 24k was no different.

I have some Archoil to try in the next tankful.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Local Tesco was £1.959 last night for 45L
Then driving past a small independant on the way home (closed) he had it at £1.899, not more than a mile from Tesco.
Mind you it could be anything in his tank, but a fill of that and dose of Archoil and Bob's My Father in Law :)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
imagine a private UK Co with over

200+ CEOs
200+ finance directors
200+ deputy finance directors
200+ procurement directors

et bloody cetre
That was my point.
The Health Service needs a long term plan, safe from any regime change, but with some form of control in case 147 of those CEOs fook it up. They should be answerable….

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
OK I give in, because if £300 for an £18 part isn't anything BUT blatant profiteering then I must be from a different planet. Remember we're not talking about £18 wholesale or manufacturing cost vs £300 selling price, we're talking about simply buying the exact same part.

I'm pretty sure that most reasonably sane people would be pretty unhappy if they found that one part on a Jag cost 16 times more than the same part on a Ford. And yes, I do know it goes on between different models but I doubt there are too many instances where the difference is over 16X
Again, this is an example of ‘what the market is willing to pay’. Your average Lotus owner will pay £300 for that part. Your average car flipper will not as they are trying to make as much ‘profit’ upon reselling it. Is than not just basic business sense?

BTW, the washer fluid level sensor I just replaced on my Jaguar was £34 delivered from a main dealer. There is an exact equivalent Ford part which was £48 delivered.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Not in my opinion it isn't, it's telling the Lotus driver that's what he'll have to pay because its something he most likely needs and they know that he doesn't realise that he can get the exact same part considerably cheaper elsewhere.

Would you go into a chip shop and pay £1 for chips but £2 for fries if you knew they were exactly the same thing?
Just to close this one off, you don't know what BL were charging Lotus for the parts they used on their cars, Marina door handles were another item used, so how can you say that their £300 lamp cover was unrealistic?

On the chips/fries front, my large chip is now £3.50. It was £2.20 at the start of the year.
Other local Chip Shops are charging similar prices. Is that something that needs referred to the Monopolies Commission, or, are the Chip Shop ownwers just trying to keep their businesses afloat and passing costs on in the price of their product?

That's called business, and the oil companies are just doing the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts