Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday filled tank with last ever lot of Super Diesel. Gauge was about 1mm below half mark. Took £97.40 to fill the fecker @ £2.19 per litre. Goodbye Super Diesel.
Recently bought superb condition Toyota Urban Cruiser, 2012 @ 63k miles…..1.4 TD. Along with it came nearly 5 litres of Millers Diesel Additive. Goodbye Super Diesel.

Somebody ripping the pish here……..
Road surface Grass Asphalt Tar Wood

·
Registered
23,877 Posts
Just been to fill up (Wigan tomorrow and Chesterfield on Thursday) but now using standard Shell + Archoil rather than V-Power. Still £1.99/litre. I didn't look at what the V-Power is.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yeah, bog standard diesel for me at the moment. Might have to resort to supermarket fuel (gasp and horror!) …. If I recall that should trigger a good debate now amongst certain members. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: PeteA and OBC John

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, bog standard diesel for me at the moment. Might have to resort to supermarket fuel (gasp and horror!) …. If I recall that should trigger a good debate now amongst certain members. 🤣
It only triggers debate amongst people who will NOT listen to mechanics who open EGRs and engines regularly that run on crap fuel. Doing a high mileage at motorway speeds in a Euro 5 car…? You should be ok. Running a Euro 6 oil diluter…? Use supermarket pish at your peril, regardless of high motorway miles.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
It only triggers debate amongst people who will NOT listen to mechanics who open EGRs and engines regularly that run on crap fuel. Doing a high mileage at motorway speeds in a Euro 5 car…? You should be ok. Running a Euro 6 oil diluter…? Use supermarket pish at your peril, regardless of high motorway miles.
Which is why all car leasing Co's insist that super narket ( yep) fuel is never used with their vehicles.

they don't.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which is why all car leasing Co's insist that super narket ( yep) fuel is never used with their vehicles.

they don't.
Once the car is out and leased, they give not a shit if you run it on paraffin. Out of their hands and liability transferred.

IT IS………

Reactions: Alfie and OBC John

·
Registered
23,877 Posts
They could give a fk about the long term health of the engines in their cars.
Anyway, how could they dictate what fuel went into their cars?

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alfie

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Once the car is out and leased, they give not a shit if you run it on paraffin. Out of their hands and liability transferred.

IT IS………
not so.
it's always their property....until it's sold

Reactions: Coolcity

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They could give a fk about the long term health of the engines in their cars.
Anyway, how could they dictate what fuel went into their cars?

Methinks you have missed the smaller printed sarcastic bit at the bottom of Dave’s post, John. Lol.
not so.
it's always their property....until it's sold
……….and like any motor retailer, they will sell on any faulty shite we are daft enough to buy under the auspices of two things…..buyer beware and tough tit mate.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I see things definitely have not changed around here. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,814 Posts
Methinks you have missed the smaller printed sarcastic bit at the bottom of Dave’s post, John. Lol.

……….and like any motor retailer, they will sell on any faulty shite we are daft enough to buy under the auspices of two things…..buyer beware and tough tit mate.
like those who sell premium fuel .. to those who missed the chance to buy some magic beans ?

• Haha
Reactions: Nathan

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like those who sell premium fuel .. to those who missed the chance to buy some magic beans ?
How many egr valves have you seen the inside of after Asda pish passed through…..? Me seen aboot 25/30. Not nice. Mate’s garage LOVES Euro 6 engines being run on it……guaranteed pension……making HIM lotsa magic beans. You pays your money, etc…..
Nurra wee magic beans question……why do Costco only have Premium Diesel..?

·
Registered
23,877 Posts
He's fishing, Kev. And I think he's caught both of us.

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
You don't think it might be something to do with the Euro 6 tune then?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don't think it might be something to do with the Euro 6 tune then?
Very, very much so, Wilf…..but also badly catching out people relatively “in the know” with Euro 5’s, who use crap fuel, knowing fine well they only do short runs on at best an A road or two……..my Toyota days have taught me well. Same as folk on here think I am nuts changing my oil every six months. Lucky me….I can afford it.
Noo the bad news…..looks like my superb 20k mile Jag may have to go to finance fekn knee surgery.
Watch this space……….will break ma wee fat heart.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Sorry to hear that Big Yin.

I’ve always used ‘crap fuel’ and never felt any ill effect.

My 2.2d XF did 92k from new, all on Tesco diesel.
15k on the same in my current 2.0d. I’d imagine it’s first 24k was no different.

I have some Archoil to try in the next tankful.

Reactions: Alfie

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: Rigger
1 - 20 of 196 Posts