Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I've got the LRII and I don't think it supports the BMS and I also don't think it resets the oil service light (easy enough to do manually anyway). It's a great tool but I would recommend the 2.0 over it if you have the choice.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
As I fully charged the old battery while it was still connected to the car, and also charged the new battery before changing it, I doubt there's any to be any issues.

I reset the service counter with the LR II in the XFS after changing the oil, it confirmed the oil dilution figures would also be reset. Tried the same in the XKR as the garage who last serviced it didn't reset it, and the tool only gave me the instructions of which buttons to press in the car, which I already know anyway.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
As I fully charged the old battery while it was still connected to the car, and also charged the new battery before changing it, I doubt there's any to be any issues.

I reset the service counter with the LR II in the XFS after changing the oil, it confirmed the oil dilution figures would also be reset. Tried the same in the XKR as the garage who last serviced it didn't reset it, and the tool only gave me the instructions of which buttons to press in the car, which I already know anyway.
Come to think of it, maybe the oil reset did work for me, I mind having to constantly turn the ignition on and off for something. Could that have been it?

Strange thing is that last week I got thy service due soon message, so I manually reset it.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I hope your optimism is correct Alan.. my experience is that my XF takes days to 'catch up' with a battery that has been fully recharged.. the system is not capable of recognising a suddenly full battery without mulling over it for many journeys over many miles, in short, it's crap... :D

Reactions: Sdotk and Gav

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I hope your optimism is correct Alan.. my experience is that my XF takes days to 'catch up' with a battery that has been fully recharged.. the system is not capable of recognising a suddenly full battery without mulling over it for many journeys over many miles, in short, it's crap... :D
Pete, after two months mine wouldn't reset, just kept saying 3 mins to radio shutdown, I then reset it using my new iCarsoft and it immediately went to 10 mins before shutdown. Phil

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I've ordered a LR V2.0 now just so I can reset the BMS. Expect the LR II to appear up for sale shortly, it does everything else except the BMS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
LRII screen to confirm Oil Light Reset

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts