Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Someone on here had the predecessor of this and it’s a great unit. Some bi-directional functions which is unusual for this price bracket too. It reads all the modules too which is very useful.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great to hear, thanks.

I see icarsoft mentioned on here quite often, is that kit just as good?

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
It looks good. Difficult to tell how it compares with the iCarsoft just reading the blurb. But the only reset I can see is the oil service indicator whereas the iCarsoft can reset the handbrake, BCM, oil service, ECTS (whatever that is) and steering wheel angle plus initiate a DPF regen. Not sure if this Foxwell does those as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can recommend the icarsoft v2 it is simple and you stand very little chance of cocking anything up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Has anyone used one of the multi-car code readers? It is hard to tell if they do everything the single manufacturer devices do. We have several cars it would be good to be able to read codes from but hard to decide which is suitable.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
It is for this reason I bought the Autel md802 all systems. It doesn’t however regen the DPF but it does cover most cars. Make sure you look at the all system one as there is an identical model that only does the 4 main systems.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I too bought the autel md802. It's been very good generally so far.
It'll put the parking brake in service position, reset the service light, do the normal OBD2 functions and also on scan mode will query virtually every module on the car for faults, it'll also do live data from the vast majority of modules.

It does say to keep the car engine off, and the ignition on, but I tend to leave the engine running and not come across too many issues. The only drawback I would say is that its not exactly the fastest thing on the market, it can take 5-6 minutes to read all the modules on an auto scan.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks, I will take a look at those. I know iCarSoft do a similar multi-car device. A lot of these device seem to need Windows for adding updates but as a Mac user I am not sure if this will be a problem. I guess it depends on how often the update stuff.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
It looks good. Difficult to tell how it compares with the iCarsoft just reading the blurb. But the only reset I can see is the oil service indicator whereas the iCarsoft can reset the handbrake, BCM, oil service, ECTS (whatever that is) and steering wheel angle plus initiate a DPF regen. Not sure if this Foxwell does those as well.
Hi, be aware that the iCarsoft only gives instructions on manually resetting the oil service light, it doesn't actually do it for you. Phil

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Hi, be aware that the iCarsoft only gives instructions on manually resetting the oil service light, it doesn't actually do it for you. Phil
Not sure that's right. Tony used it to reset his XJ. And it can't be done manually on an XJ.
Plus we're talking the v2 here.

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
490 Posts
I have an Autel MOT Pro, it's a few years old now but does the job, so well in fact that it told me I had a faulty left door bass speaker fault on my Bentley GT. That really impressed me.
Sadly for my JLR SDD, my laptop failed and I have lost it. I bought another setup from the bay but it doesn't work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There also seems to be an Autel MD806 Pro that appears to read all systems and can do a DPF regen by the look of it, which could be useful at some point. They all seem to need a PC for updates though, so need to check what problems that can cause.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Not sure that's right. Tony used it to reset his XJ. And it can't be done manually on an XJ.
Plus we're talking the v2 here.
Ok, I have the V2.0 and I'll state it can't be automatically done on the XF X250, this I know for certain because I've tried it. Phil

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok, I have the V2.0 and I'll state it can't be automatically done on the XF X250, this I know for certain because I've tried it. Phil
It would appear you are both correct. This is taken from the advertising literature:-
1) Oil Service Reset Function (OLS)
The iCarsoft UK LR V2.0 Diagnostic Tool allows you to reset Oil Service Lights in a click of a button on supported vehicles. On vehicles where a manual reset is required, the tool will guide you through the full process step-by-step.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Reactions: FCS and OBC John

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up, Chris.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Anyone know how to use the iCarsoft LR V2 to reset the Battery Management System (BMS) after a battery change? Can't see the BMS anywhere in the menus.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
It is the LR V2 and not the LR II you have Alan? The LR V2 has two buttons on the left hand side which the LR II doesn't.

I'll look later but am sure it's easy enough to find that you would've if you have the V2. (y)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Ah, I have the LR II. Appears that it doesn't support BMS. They do various models, all at the same price, it's confusing which models do what over a different model, and why:

LR II Does not support BMS $259.95
LR V2.0 Does support BMS $259.95
L600 V2.0 Does support BMS $259.95

·
Administrator
27,963 Posts
I have the CR Pro tool - should that reset BMSs? Can't seem to find that detail (and don't have a Jag to try it on lol).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts