Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a closer look at my dealer supplied Dunlop SP Winter Sport winter tyres and realised that they have really odd DOT codes which don't seem to include the usual week and year indicating the age of the tyre. Google doesn't seem to be of much help either.

Does anyone know how to see how old these tyres are?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Is that tyre mounted correctly? I’ve noticed it looks directional so perhaps that’s the ‘inside’ tyre wall which I don’t think has the manufacture date.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it's mounted correctly. It is directional and both sides of the tyre seem to look identical except the manufacturing date... now that I checked it's actually written on the inside. Never occurred to me to check there before. :sneaky:

They're properly old so no wonder the grip is rubbish although they still have a fair bit of meat in them. This will be the last hopefully very short season for them.

·
Registered
883 Posts
That’s the thing with directional tyres across the same axle. One will have the ‘outside’ tyre wall facing in.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every day is a school day. :) I checked two of them and neither had the time stamp on the outside but should have seen it if I checked the other two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts