Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XF x250 2013 2.2d Sportbrake
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i want to hardwire my dashcam using the wires in the front roof light/mirror unit. I have a how to document but the wires are a different colour. I am wanting a ground and ignition live. Can you help?

Vehicle is an XF 2013 2.2d Sportbrake

·
Registered
20,896 Posts
I've had this pic for years but don't know if this is the permanent or switched.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Fairly sure that’s the switched one John.

·
Registered
Jaguar XF x250 2013 2.2d Sportbrake
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had this pic for years but don't know if this is the permanent or switched.
Cheers for that. It looks like you have twice as many connections but I’ll buzz it out with a multimeter to see if it works.
I wanted to use ignition live so the dashcam doesn’t flatten the battery by being active all the time.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,618 Posts
I used to have my dual camera's on a permanent, if you use the car daily it won't flatten your battery.
Have since moved to an additional battery as the car was getting used less and less.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Alternatively you can tap into the 12V socket wires as they are switching. I used the one in the boot as it is very easy access and lots of room where the AJB is for storing the battery protect device, plus it makes adding a rear camera nice and easy as well. I put an inline fuse in just as a backup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts