Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to the dealer for it’s MOT the other day.

I asked about updating to the latest ICTP version as I still can’t get OTA updates to work. While they took a look they commented that they liked my ICTP home screen and said they hadn’t noticed anyone else take the trouble to modify it.

Surely I’m not the only one to bother, or am I?

This is mine:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,916 Posts
I took my car to the dealer for it’s MOT the other day.

I asked about updating to the latest ICTP version as I still can’t get OTA updates to work. While they took a look they commented that they liked my ICTP home screen and said they hadn’t noticed anyone else take the trouble to modify it.

Surely I’m not the only one to bother, or am I?

This is mine:

20200602_110102.jpg

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Quite a few virtual buttons for me...all essential for travelling...dust included😬

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I’m not the only one to customise my home screen, but maybe the only X260 owner?

I tried to keep it quite minimalist and simple, and I like having the screen off button as well particularly for night driving where a fancy screen can be a bit distracting.

To be honest I tend to use CarPlay screen quite often just because it’s simple to use on the move and integrates google maps, spotify, podcast player etc. and has good voice commands for BBC news, traffic updates etc.

All that is more than enough wizardry to keep me entertained, and I struggle to think what additional benefit an even bigger screen could possibly have?

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Bigger screen, more app open at the same time :)
I use a lot Apple car play as well

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,916 Posts
Ok so I’m not the only one to customise my home screen, but maybe the only X260 owner?

I tried to keep it quite minimalist and simple, and I like having the screen off button as well particularly for night driving where a fancy screen can be a bit distracting.

To be honest I tend to use CarPlay screen quite often just because it’s simple to use on the move and integrates google maps, spotify, podcast player etc. and has good voice commands for BBC news, traffic updates etc.

All that is more than enough wizardry to keep me entertained, and I struggle to think what additional benefit an even bigger screen could possibly have?

View attachment 182896
View attachment 182897

nope..

here's mine when it went tits up...again.

E0376E0B-0BCF-4DC9-BE4F-4D4DBD6E3E1E (1).JPG

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
At least it's a nice colour when it goes 'tits up' Dave... (y)

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,916 Posts
At least it's a nice colour when it goes 'tits up' Dave... (y)
the all blank, including TFT screen, was most memorable sir.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the all blank, including TFT screen, was most memorable sir.
That colour is even more garish than some of the CarPlay schemes!

Maybe the all blank display was just next generation automation of the ‘screen off’ button without needing to push it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bigger screen, more app open at the same time :)
I use a lot Apple car play as well
More apps at the same time? Hmmm, navigation and some music or a podcast. Any more than that and I’d have sensory overload and not be concentrating enough on the primary task of driving!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
True that, but you wouldn’t need to distract yourself to select whatever you are looking for if the info is there available at your disposal...
Radio, Navi, weather and phone all in one would do the job on a big screen :)

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,916 Posts
That colour is even more garish than some of the CarPlay schemes!

Maybe the all blank display was just next generation automation of the ‘screen off’ button without needing to push it

that colour wasn't by choice....it just failed...

😁

Reactions: PeteA
1 - 13 of 13 Posts