Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to know how to remove the center cupholder hatch (double cupholder).... and I did manage to take it out !!
But now I have a little problem... the lid has 2 springs on each side... and now the question.
Are the springs to be fitted (stay fixed) on the lid before putting it back in place or how is it done ??
I tried everything but the springs wouldn't stay in place !!!
Any pictures would also be nice....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking for an answer to this too - I did the same with the smaller compartment and now it doesn't spring up.

·
Super Moderator
20,274 Posts
I had to know how to remove the center cupholder hatch (double cupholder).... and I did manage to take it out !!
But now I have a little problem... the lid has 2 springs on each side... and now the question.
Are the springs to be fitted (stay fixed) on the lid before putting it back in place or how is it done ??
I tried everything but the springs wouldn't stay in place !!!
Any pictures would also be nice....
I think I know where you are going and may have a solution but to be sure I am advising correctly please put photos of the issue up.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This is one I found:

image.jpg

image.jpg

3rd and 4th pic shows how it should look fitted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is a close up
image.jpg

I then took it out the casing and this is how it should sit:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I recommend that you take out the whole section to fit the springs back in place.
It took me 20 mins to put it back together and it's not in the car!
A small flat screwdriver is required to lift the end of the spring over onto the surround.

You will need to slide one side at a time and slowly or the spring will move out of place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly what I was looking for Bee...
Too bad the whole thing has to come out !!!!
Thank you..

·
Registered
787 Posts
When it is out the springs have to be hooked into a 'parking' position.

There is a little lug they hook round.

Line up the plastic bosses and slide it almost in position and then flick the springs off their parking position and they will then spring to the correct place.

Push the lid down into place and it should now work.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Can you imagine the time it must have taken to design that one tiny detail ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this is a very old post but it was useful to me when refitting the lid to the double cupholder. I was dreading it. It is a fiddly job but I managed it, in situ, in about 5 minutes. Once you know how the springs should be sitting when finished it’s not too difficult. You just need a few dentist’s tools. Or thin screwdrivers or hooked bits of coat hanger. The best thing I found to do was to fit the springs to the lid and pre-tension them on a lug and carefully insert the lid in the correct channels and then lower the hooked spring end onto the resting lug position on the outer case. If you’ve done it you’ll understand what the hell I’m talking about!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts