Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having to have a new battery and alternator and now off work due to the latest lockdown I've decided to buy a ctek msx 5.0 and comfort lead which is fitted in the boot lining,just a simple case of a small cut out to install.The lead comes with a template and is very easy to do,took about 10 minutes to complete and looks factory fitted,very happy with it,cost for the lead was £21.Pictures are not great but you get the idea.The socket lights up to tell how charged the battery is but obviously with the ctek in the boot it's not really needed,the lights that is.Will post some better pictures when the cars out of the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
I looked at these for my XFR but settled for the ones with just a socket on them in the end. I’ve got one on each battery and it makes life so much easier :) I added a comfort connector to all of the cars at the start of lockdown.

The C-Tek chargers are excellent. I’ve got an adapter to charge the Range Rover through it’s 13 pin towing electrics socket too.

Reactions: Garymt

·
Super Moderator
27,536 Posts
I just leave the little plug poking out from the spare wheel cover. Unobtrusive and doesn’t require any cutting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I have done the same with the XFR. Comfort lead sticking out the spare wheel cover. Comfort lead was only £6.50 from Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
555 Posts
I did the same as Chris and John as I didn't want to do any cutting and wanted it to be removable in the future. I fitted two on mine though, one for each battery :)

David.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts