Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,613 Posts
A couple of my XF this morning. I must say Sturgess have done a fantastic job.

·
Administrator
29,718 Posts
Now if Sturgess were really clever they would have masked out a leaper on the roof before they waxed it.

·
RIP Tony, member number 7
5,839 Posts
A couple of my XF this morning. I must say Sturgess have done a fantastic job.
I was really skeptical about the Sturgess detail...especially when I ran my fingers over the body work or when I tried to clean the car...The paint work just did't feel like it had been coated in wax or sealant...and for some reason it was difficult to clean...However the detail has proven to be very durable...although I have applied a coat of wax myself...I should add that having seen the detailer at work my skepticism was somewhat unjustified.

Ps..still cleaning my car in the rain...probably the best detailing tip I'v ever been given!!

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
I haven't posted any pics for a while (been concentrating on Chris's path to his Sportbrake lol), so I'll join in :D

Water Road surface Asphalt
Water Brick Drop Brickwork Wall

·
Super Moderator
32,613 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,613 Posts
I was really skeptical about the Sturgess detail...especially when I ran my fingers over the body work or when I tried to clean the car...The paint work just did't feel like it had been coated in wax or sealant...and for some reason it was difficult to clean...However the detail has proven to be very durable...although I have applied a coat of wax myself...I should add that having seen the detailer at work my skepticism was somewhat unjustified.

Ps..still cleaning my car in the rain...probably the best detailing tip I'v ever been given!!
Well so far it seems pretty good. Sometime over the next couple of weeks I will be stripping it back and redoing it myself though ready for winter.

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Well so far it seems pretty good. Sometime over the next couple of weeks I will be stripping it back and redoing it myself though ready for winter.
I agree - I need to find time to do one BIG detail before the bad weather sets in :)

·
RIP Tony, member number 7
5,839 Posts
The bodywork seems to be prepped pretty well..I watched the guy at work and he had removed all the swirl marks on a used car prior to sale....looked brand new if I`am honest...So I personally wouldn't go the whole hog ie claying..although I`am sure others would disagree...I simply applied another couple of coats of wax and I might apply a final coat in the next few weeks if we get a decent weekend

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,379 Posts
pics of mine a few days ago...

Vehicle Automotive exterior Luxury vehicle Car Automotive window part

Tire Automotive tire Rim Architecture Wheel

Tire Floor Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

·
Super Moderator
32,613 Posts
Looks good

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
When I went out to the car this morning I could see what Colinite does. I've washed it twice since applying it too.

May contain iPhone autocorrect spilling errors.
And isn't the Colinite easy to use? Thank you Charlie for pointing me in that direction. Need to order another tin now.

·
Registered
13,379 Posts
Stiggy can you fix my attachments? something seems to have gone amiss...

·
Administrator
29,718 Posts
Stiggy can you fix my attachments? something seems to have gone amiss...
Two of the attachments are missing. If you upload them I can put them in for you.

·
Registered
13,379 Posts
Two of the attachments are missing. If you upload them I can put them in for you.
hmm, strange, ok I'll try again - many thanks...
Vehicle Automotive exterior Luxury vehicle Car Automotive window part
Tire Automotive tire Rim Architecture Wheel

21 - 40 of 48 Posts