Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XF SPORTBRAKE has a crack in the panoramic roof. The crack is on the inside lamination extending from the centre of the rear edge. The crack is about 350mm long and follows an irregular path. Not really sure what to do. Anyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
There isn't much that you can do but to change the glass. If the car is still in warranty why don't you get in touch with the dealership and have them check it. Also check with your car insurer if the panoramic roof is covered as windscreen. What you don't want is that it shatters in million pieces while you're driving it.
Edit: Welcome btw.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Contact your dealer. If the fault is on the inside, it's likely to be a warranty claim. They will fit it hard to claim a rock or something hit it on the outside.

Reactions: JaguarDriver

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
If the dealer can't touch it then try your glass cover through the insurance.
A decent automotive glass company should be able to at least stop the crack getting any bigger/longer

·
Registered
280 Posts
My XF SPORTBRAKE has a crack in the panoramic roof. The crack is on the inside lamination extending from the centre of the rear edge. The crack is about 350mm long and follows an irregular path. Not really sure what to do. Anyone had the same problem?
I had sunroof fitted recently and the fitter told me he had done quite a lot of replacement JLR pano roofs. To do with torsion of the body? Didn’t investigate too much….I checked that out in Google and it seems the fpace and range rovers are prone… might be some useful info there when dealing with Jag.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had sunroof fitted recently and the fitter told me he had done quite a lot of replacement JLR pano roofs. To do with torsion of the body? Didn’t investigate too much….I checked that out in Google and it seems the fpace and range rovers are prone… might be some useful info there when dealing with Jag.?
Thanks Ian. Who did your repair? Did the headlining need to be removed? What sort of cost am I looking at?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks Ian. Who did your repair? Did the headlining need to be removed? What sort of cost am I looking at?
Hi. I was having a new normal sunroof fitted, so no repair… no idea of cost for pano…Sunroof was done by Andy at Surrey Sunroofs….. hope this helps

Ian

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
this is a common issue on LR vehicles. It happened to a friend of mine who has an Evoke. The crack seemingly appeared overnight for no apparent reason. I then researched and it appears it’s quite a common issue and not covered through insurance . All affected couldn’t recall anything hitting the glass. My thoughts are that is either the vehicle twisting during use or hot and cold contraction / expansion. It seems to be a flaw in the fittment or type of glass used .Most dealers say , “a stone must have hit it “ Either way doesn’t seem fit for purpose. I think the cost for the Evoke was about 2500 Euro so 2000 pounds in U.K.

If this happened to me and I had it replaced I would consider getting the glass tinted on the inside In the hope it would provide more support to the glass .

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
My insurance categorically states, under the glass cover section, that panoramic roofs are excluded.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,061 Posts
My insurance categorically states, under the glass cover section, that panoramic roofs are excluded.
That’s quite common on insurance polices :(

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Doesn't mean it's not insured, but will eat into the NCD (or your PNCD).

Reactions: ChrisSB
1 - 14 of 14 Posts