Jaguar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
.....Guy Salmon Jaguar at Cribbs Causeway normal service. I was completely ignored as I had a nose around an XJ they have for sale....
I had a similar experience some years ago at Sytners in High Wycombe. I was totally ignored whilst looking around an M6.
I walked out and drove home. Telephone call from Sytner asking if there anything they could do for me.
I told them to terminate the call. Never been back.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
I had a similar experience some years ago at Sytners in High Wycombe. I was totally ignored whilst looking around an M6.
I walked out and drove home. Telephone call from Sytner asking if there anything they could do for me.
I hate it when they come up to me if I'm having a look around. More likely to buy if they leave me alone.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh, well I guess I'm going to get roasted here. It's been said that wearing a mask is just a comfort blanket for the afraid, read the science. The normal blue/white masks do little to nothing to protect you or others as the holes in the fabric are 1000 times the size of a Covid particle and cloth masks are even worse where the holes are 500,000 times the size of a Covid particle it's akin to chucking a marble at a scaffold. You may have guessed that I'm a bit anti-mask, yep, but I did research what could before I made my decision several months ago. Sorry, but it's just not a proven fact that anything but a serious medical grade N95 respirator/mask will do anything to help yourself or others.

Reactions: thecatman

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Oh, well I guess I'm going to get roasted here. It's been said that wearing a mask is just a comfort blanket for the afraid, read the science. The normal blue/white masks do little to nothing to protect you or others as the holes in the fabric are 1000 times the size of a Covid particle and cloth masks are even worse where the holes are 500,000 times the size of a Covid particle it's akin to chucking a marble at a scaffold. You may have guessed that I'm a bit anti-mask, yep, but I did research what could before I made my decision several months ago. Sorry, but it's just not a proven fact that anything but a serious medical grade N95 respirator/mask will do anything to help yourself or others.
Yup, you're right! You're going to get roasted.
Homework, eh? Mask were never intended to protect YOU. What part of your homework did that notion come from?
Of course the holes in any mask (including your N95 variety) are larger than a virus! DOH! That's NOT what they're intended for. A mask or any face covering is meant to restrict your exhalation and hence spread of aerosols or droplets that may contain the virus. Look on it as courtesy to others, not as protection for yourself.
A helpful description for you . . .

·
19,872 Posts
I hate it when they come up to me if I'm having a look around. More likely to buy if they leave me alone.
There should be a nice balance. I prefer it if the salesperson sees me - comes up, acknowledges I'm there, and if I need any help, then they will be available with any questions/queries, then leaves me to browse at my own leisure. Not in your face hard sales, but not ignored either.

As for masks - we've been onboard just over a week now - so we don't have to wear masks. We all got a PCR test before joining - but our company policy is to still mask up in common areas of the vessel for a week.

No one has reported any symptoms, so we are mask free now.

That said - one lad was wearing his mask under his nose - and being the tactful sort we are offshore, it wasn't long before someone said to someone else, loud enough for this lad to hear - about the meme of wearing a mask under your nose being like walking around with your trousers done up, but your manhood hanging out.

As Chris said earlier - I have no problem wearing a mask in a business, if asked too. Covid isn't going away any time soon, and I'm sure it won't be long until an variant raises its head. One that will inevitably manage to circumvent current vaccines. Nature of the beast.

Reactions: Statler and PeteA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I think you said all you need to say about you as a person. My comment was in reply to the fact you thought wearing a mask was to protect yourself. Laughable really.
I think it would be good if you wore a face mask as well as putting one where the sun don’t shine as you’re so full of shite. It’s selfish people like you who spread fear and stop younger people having what you enjoyed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I will continue to observe the recent restrictions, there were over 46,000 new cases yesterday, I hope not to be one of them in the future and will do all I can to lessen the chances. Phil
If we were all tested for flu every year there would be millions of cases. It’s the number of serious hospital cases which matter hence vaccinatio.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I couldn't agree more. Very succinctly put.
The OP needs to realise that the Jaguar dealership will probably breathe a sigh of relief if he does go somewhere else to buy a car.
They have invited me to visit without a mask. Tough titty.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
That's that then. You have your visit booked :)

Thread closed.

Reactions: PeteA

·
19,872 Posts
I think it would be good if you wore a face mask as well as putting one where the sun don’t shine as you’re so full of shite. It’s selfish people like you who spread fear and stop younger people having what you enjoyed.
Really?!?!?!?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.