Jaguar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Forum members have responded to what you wrote, not what you meant to write...

Reactions: Rigger

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Certainly, I have a choice to not visit Helston garages.
I repeat; if having to wear a mask in their showroom means you won't consider a Jag (yes, I see you have an immaculate XFS), then perhaps BMW would be a better choice for you.
It is now your choice whether to wear a mask or not but don't presume to berate others (including organisations) who have decided to maintain the wearing of face coverings.

Reactions: cutlea01

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I
I repeat; if having to wear a mask in their showroom means you won't consider a Jag (yes, I see you have an immaculate XFS), then perhaps BMW would be a better choice for you.
It is now your choice whether to wear a mask or not but don't presume to berate others (including organisations) who have decided to maintain the wearing of face coverings.
As mentioned my original post was not worded very well and was written in haste. I have reconsidered my post and accept the vigorous replies I received apart from the “People like you” bit. That is not necessary in response to any post on a civilised forum. Incidentally, My X250 is not going anywhere, I have decided to keep it as a second car and look for something as a daily driver. I have a good relationship with Jag at Taunton who have lovely people, they have come back to me re servicing and all is well. After many years of being a forum member I made a mistake posting about COVID. Let’s now move on.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Wickes and B&Q today have signs requesting shoppers wear masks unless exempt. I wore mine. BMW Motorrad on Monday were not masked, they have a sign saying to ask them to wear a mask if you want them to when dealing with you. The desk had plastic screens though. It seems it will be varied for a while.

·
Administrator
27,544 Posts
The UK ranked #1 in the world for new infections yesterday. I be wearing my FFP2 at work today just as I have for over a year now.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Good to hear what you all 🤔 BTW, Shrek, don’t refer to ”people like you” you don’t know me. Im entitled to my opinion and I am being polite. To refer to me as “it’s people like you that’s keeping this thing circulating“ is bang out of order.
I think you said all you need to say about you as a person. My comment was in reply to the fact you thought wearing a mask was to protect yourself. Laughable really.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Going to Lidl in Dewsbury yesterday and it opened my eyes to it a little bit. There must have been 30+ people in store and I was the only one with a mask on, you start to question yourself and think what's the point if no one else is. I'll still continue to do so though as it's simply no hardship to me.

I suspect it will be one of the first rules that will be brought back in place in a month or two anyway, let's hope we don't get back to the panic stage of clearing the shelves again.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I will continue to observe the recent restrictions, there were over 46,000 new cases yesterday, I hope not to be one of them in the future and will do all I can to lessen the chances. Phil

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
I personally have no issue with any businesses insisting that face coverings are still worn in their premises.

Reactions: Rigger and Shrek

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
I went to the local Asda yesterday and was pleased to see that most (perhaps 75%) of the customers were masked up and all of the staff. Ironically, virtually all of the unmasked customers were young women with children - exactly the demographic being hospitalised at the moment. You know the feeling when you want to slap someone . . . . . . .

·
Administrator
29,414 Posts
It is frustrating to watch Darwin working sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts

Reactions: Rigger and idrobbo

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
It gets to me every time. The infinite stupidity we have in general society. I often believe we have got to the point as a race where we're actively preventing Darwinism and survival of the fittest from taking place and it's creating a two tier society of those who are genuinely stupid and those who are excelling forwards.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
488 Posts
It gets to me every time. The infinite stupidity we have in general society. I often believe we have got to the point as a race where we're actively preventing Darwinism and survival of the fittest from taking place and it's creating a two tier society of those who are genuinely stupid and those who are excelling forwards.
I couldn't agree more. Very succinctly put.
The OP needs to realise that the Jaguar dealership will probably breathe a sigh of relief if he does go somewhere else to buy a car.

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
This is the problem with the government's plan for people to use common sense. Something that's lacking in the population.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Just been to a Morrisons down here and more than 90% of people were wearing masks! although there was one elderlyish chap with his mask down round his chin, though to be fair to him there was nobody within 2M+ of him at the time..

·
Registered
488 Posts
This is the problem with the government's plan for people to use common sense. Something that's lacking in the population.
Just watch some of the "reality" shows on tv and watch their behaviour/language/morals.
I sincerely hope these moronic people represent a minority of the population.
Sadly though, it appears that this is slowly changing.....for the worse.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Things seem to have changed little here.

Tesco's this morning everyone was wearing a mask.

Peugeot dealer was the same.

Guy Salmon Jaguar at Cribbs Causeway normal service. I was completely ignored as I had a nose around an XJ they have for sale.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.