Jaguar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An emotive subject but.. Helston Jaguar are continuing to enforce covid restrictions, mask wearing and click and collect. They say this is following customer feedback, but I wasn’t asked!
More like it suits them. Last thing I will be doing is walking around their showrooms wearing a muzzle after full vaccination and legal lifting of restrictions. Others forum members may disagree with my feelings but we have 3 different brands of vehicle and the other 2 dealers are happy for us to browse without a mask. In fact looking at a five series tomorrow probably keep my immaculate XF s for weekends.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If you got COVID as a result of being at the 'other two dealers' who will you blame?

If you cause several staff members to self-isolate due to having COVID who will you blame for the dealer having to close due to staff shortages?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would I get COVID? You can continue to wear a mask if you wish, the dealer will continue to get mask wearers but lose footfall from people who feel it’s time to get on with life.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Why would I get COVID? You can continue to wear a mask if you wish, the dealer will continue to get mask wearers but lose footfall from people who feel it’s time to get on with life.
How do you know that all customers do not have COVID? You are viewing/touching the same vehicles within a short period of time.

Being vaccinated doesn't mean anything with regards to contracting COVID.

It's all about risk management.

One person gets COVID and the majority of Co-workers have to self-isolate for 10 days.

Can you imagine the issues that would cause at a car dealer?

I think Jaguar are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can apply that to all the supermarkets, and any other retail outlet or pub. Question is, when do you return to something approaching normality, or are you in favour of mask wearing indefinitely? Appreciate that you disagree but I think Jaguar will lose customers but not gain any by this action. They need every sale possible at the moment.

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
So, you fancy a Jag. But the local Jag dealer asks that your wear a mask inside their showroom. Does that put you off wanting to buy a Jag? If it does then all I can say is that you didn't want a Jag very much.
Christ! Put the bloody mask on! I'm all broken up about other's rights not to wear a mask.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
You can apply that to all the supermarkets, and any other retail outlet or pub. Question is, when do you return to something approaching normality, or are you in favour of mask wearing indefinitely? Appreciate that you disagree but I think Jaguar will lose customers but not gain any by this action. They need every sale possible at the moment.
Very selfish attitude if I may say so! The masks aren’t to protect you, but the staff. Many places are asking the public to carry on wearing them. What happens if one member of staff tests positive. The whole place shuts. It’s people like you that’s helping keeping this thing circulating. Now stop being so damn self-centred!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's not just about profit though, is it? The dealers have the legal duty to provide a safe place of work for their staff. If wearing a mask, which inconveniences practically noone, helps to protect those staff, then why not?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Covid isn't over, far from it. I don't like wearing a mask, and I'm double vaccinated, but I'll continue to wear one where it helps protect others, I'll still scan in to venues with the app, I'll still use hand sanitiser. For a good while yet I expect, it doesn't harm nor hurt me and it protects others, plus gives me some reassurance myself. People with a selfish, self centered view of life need to have another look at themselves. Catman - you're right, and you knew you'd provoke this reaction - I do disagree very strongly with your attitude.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear what you all 🤔 BTW, Shrek, don’t refer to ”people like you” you don’t know me. Im entitled to my opinion and I am being polite. To refer to me as “it’s people like you that’s keeping this thing circulating“ is bang out of order.

·
Administrator
29,414 Posts
True tho'................to a degree, in fairness.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wilf, true in what way? I haven’t yet been out without a mask. However, this is obviously too emotive for other members so I withdraw my post.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Covid isn't over, far from it. I don't like wearing a mask, and I'm double vaccinated, but I'll continue to wear one where it helps protect others, I'll still scan in to venues with the app, I'll still use hand sanitiser. For a good while yet I expect, it doesn't harm nor hurt me and it protects others, plus gives me some reassurance myself...
Pretty much sums up exactly what I was going to say.. (y)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Wilf, true in what way? I haven’t yet been out without a mask. However, this is obviously too emotive for other members so I withdraw my post.
And will you reconsider wearing a mask where it would be socially polite to do so?

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
But you said "Last thing I will be doing is walking around their showrooms wearing a muzzle after full vaccination and legal lifting of restrictions."

Have you been out yet then?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But you said "Last thing I will be doing is walking around their showrooms wearing a muzzle after full vaccination and legal lifting of restrictions."

Have you been out yet then?
Last thing I will be doing, future tense. There will be people who feel the same as me who have followed the rules for the last 18 months or so. Best wishes to all who replied to my post, continue to wear a face mask if you wish. Flu season is on its way soon.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
The way you came across to me catman, which I’m sure wasn’t intentional, was that not wearing a face covering was like a badge of honour, and that businesses will only get your custom if they bow to your demands.

I’m sure that isn’t what you meant. But that’s what I read.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The way you came across to me catman, which I’m sure wasn’t intentional, was that not wearing a face covering was like a badge of honour, and that businesses will only get your custom if they bow to your demands.

I’m sure that isn’t what you meant. But that’s what I read.
Thank you for your considered response, much appreciated. Not wearing a face covering is certainly not a badge of honour, but upon rereading my post it is poorly written. Still no excuses for insults from other members.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.