Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone

I have just purchased a complete set of piano black trims for my xfr but I also have the carbon fibre spear that I had laying around in the garage ( intention was to keep looking for the rest of the carbon to come up on certain bid sites which never happened ) so I was thinking of fitting the spear and then adding the piano black to the rest
just looking for feedback on this idea

Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got to admit I would prefer all carbon but not willing to pay stupid amount of money for the the privilege
so that was the option I decided to go with
Thanks sdotk for your input

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as much as I like the wrap was toying with the idea of hydro dipping as I had this done on my last jag
definitely don't have the patience or the skill for wrapping plus I want to try and go with the oem look as possible as the spear weave matches the mirrors and the rear diffuser

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I wrapped my spear and centre console covers, only took around an hour, used a hair dryer to gently heat and form around the spear. Didn't do the door cards.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nicely done idrobbo but I am trying to match the existing the carbon as near as possible

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Not sure about wrapped CF effect.

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
18,220 Posts
It's just a pretty pattern. What's the difference between, real, wrapped and dipped? Still just a pretty (?) pattern, surely? :geek:

When it's not a structural substrate, that is.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Not sure about wrapped CF effect.
It's cheap - particularly as my BiL supplied it free as he runs a graphics company in Leeds. :D

As it happens I've been thinking of removing it back to the Piano Black.

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
It's just a pretty pattern. What's the difference between, real, wrapped and dipped? Still just a pretty (?) pattern, surely? :geek:

When it's not a structural substrate, that is.
It’s the matt look I don’t like compared the real ones.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
It’s the matt look I don’t like compared the real ones.
I would agree, when you've seen the real thing it does look "cheaper", however it has saved a few scratches along the way.

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so I have now decided to go with the carbon on the main dash and piano black elsewhere
But im now thinking of going with a complete piano black dash like I had on my last jag which was done by garnish dip . or do you think this would look to much and bearing in mind that the interior is ivory

·
Registered
752 Posts
That’s a little too much piano black in my opinion. How does it look with the CF in place currently?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
to be honest I have not fitted them yet as I have been rather busy plus the rain last weekend didn't help
hopefully going to try this weekend and see how it looks .If I think it looks odd then I will just go full piano black and sell the carbon part instead

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well my plan to fit the carbon fibre fibre centre pice has failed due to the fact that the later control panel is a different size to and shape to the pre face
Looks like it’s another item that I will be putting up for sale

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts