Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hi Paul, I think John posted a picture of the saloon CJB, the Sportbrake one is a bit different in layout.

I have a picture of the Sportbrake version showing which connector that causes problems but don't have access to it until I get home, I'll try to remember to post it later for you.
This is one from a Sportbrake.

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
This is a close up of the connector that causes a problem in the Sportbrake Paul:
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks PeteA, mine has slight corrosion on the bottom 3 pins on the blue connector on the bottom left, I would post a picture but still cannot find a way to do it, I also need to see if I can actually drive the car with all the errors shown on screen which I haven’t yet been able to clear

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes that’s the connector, I have some corrosion on the 3 pins on the left, does anyone know what these are for?, I currently just have low washer level which maybe causes the headlight pump not to run?, is that possible ?

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
Yes that’s the connector, I have some corrosion on the 3 pins on the left, does anyone know what these are for?, I currently just have low washer level which maybe causes the headlight pump not to run?, is that possible ?
What's the current state of play Paul?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi
So after cleaning the connector again with the proper stuff, borrowing an obd reader that would clear the alarms I could then set about looking at my initial headlamp washer problem, so all sorted now, for info subsequent disconnections of the blue one did not cause all the other alarms, so must have been the wd40, so thanks everyone for your assistance

·
Registered
353 Posts
What the CJB controls - Front Wipers are off of the FJB:

Front Washers
Rear Washers
Rear Wiper

Differential
Parking Brake
ABS
Steering Column
Automatic Transmission
Speed Control
Heated Windscreen
Climate Control
Instrument Cluster
Brake & Reversing Light
Fog Lamps
Sidelamps
Headlamps
Turn Signals
Luggage Compartment Lights
Ambiance Lighting
Map & Courtesy Lighting
Switch Illumination
Anti Theft System
Glove Compartment Release
Rear View Mirrors
Seats
Window Lifts
Accessory Sockets
Door Locks etc
Tailgate
Airbag Deactivation

·
Registered
217 Posts
Here's what your looking for...
Thanks for this. This has highlighted a problem for me. I recently fitted a DashCam. My fusebox looks exactly like this. I have a 2012 3.0D Portfolio with the heated windscreen pack. I don't have a sunroof, but the fuse is there.... My owners manual does not tally with what I see in the car. Here is a graphic of what I have vs what is in the manual (highlighted in red). Can anyone give me what my correct fuse layout should be?
TIA!!
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Machine

·
Registered
655 Posts
my car is a 2010/11 and my fuses are as you have quoted in red, seems you have lots of wrong fuses installed
My car has cooled/heated seats & keyless entry so I have fuses in 27 & 29

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
My PDF owners manual from 2013 has the CJB fuses listed like this:
Font Number Parallel Pattern Screenshot

🤷‍♂️

Yours is a facelift isn't it @XF_luvva?

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
I can't see how, there's just a saloon and Sportbrake version with each having had revisions.. I was more curious as the picture you put up is vastly different to the extract from the manual I posted in terms of fuse positions and ratings..

Going back to this: "I don't have a sunroof, but the fuse is there...." I expect that new ones come 'fully populated' with fuses so that there are no c0ck ups on the production line, it also would be more costly to populate them per model/options installed, it would also be a nightmare in terms of part numbers..

Fuses are very cheap in comparison..

·
Registered
217 Posts
I can't see how, there's just a saloon and Sportbrake version with each having had revisions.. I was more curious as the picture you put up is vastly different to the extract from the manual I posted in terms of fuse positions and ratings..

Going back to this: "I don't have a sunroof, but the fuse is there...." I expect that new ones come 'fully populated' with fuses so that there are no c0ck ups on the production line, it also would be more costly to populate them per model/options installed, it would also be a nightmare in terms of part numbers..

Fuses are very cheap in comparison..
It does seem weird. I have spent a fair amount of time today looking up images of XF fuseboxes and nothing matches.

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
Please remember that the saloon and Sportbrake CJB's are different..

Reactions: XF_luvva

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
What a nightmare!..

21 - 40 of 41 Posts