Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have lost power to my headlight washers and see a lot of threads suggesting the CJB could be the problem, could someone confirm that this is where the output is to the washer pump, maybe where it is as well within the box,
If I start disconnecting things in the box do I need to disconnect the battery first or anything else?, any resets to do after ?
Any info on where to find the fuse and relay would also be great, I have tried to research these but find so many different results?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I would remove the front driver side wheel arch and have a good look around the pump and reservoir, may be a good time to clean it out. You could then splice the cable to prevent the wicking problem. Have a good look at the top of the pump for leaks (the thing splits) where the cable's come out. You do not need to disconnect the battery to check the CJB.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Already removed the arch and replaced the headlight washer pump, all looks ok in the area, nothing is wet.
I should also note that a few months ago I had the washer bottle low alarm on intermittently even though it was full if that is significant in any way ?

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Hi
I have lost power to my headlight washers and see a lot of threads suggesting the CJB could be the problem, could someone confirm that this is where the output is to the washer pump, maybe where it is as well within the box,
If I start disconnecting things in the box do I need to disconnect the battery first or anything else?, any resets to do after ?
Any info on where to find the fuse and relay would also be great, I have tried to research these but find so many different results?
Hi Paul, are your front and rear screen wipers and washers working? If so it's very unlikely to be the CJB.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
The front wiper and washer are ok, rear wiper yes but no washer, any other thoughts?, I need to find where that headlight pump cable comes from somehow😳

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,152 Posts
Hi
The front wiper and washer are ok, rear wiper yes but no washer, any other thoughts?, I need to find where that headlight pump cable comes from somehow😳
headlight washer is a passive system that works using water pressure. The rear and front window washer share the same pump. Second pump os for headlight washer. Sounds more like the hoses are blocked or pinched. Wires for both pumps go to CJB. Try to power them using a 12v battery and see if they work.
Gesture Font Elbow Art Twig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I could see some signs of corrosion on the CJB on a blue connector at the bottom left of the board, the lower connectors have some corrosion, not really bad, so I cleaned up a little, gave a squirt of wd40, put the plug in and out a few times, still no pump but now I have at least 8 alarms, gearbox fault, passenger safety, washer level brake assist etc etc, tried my basic obd scanner but it doesn’t read them, is this what I need to do to reset the alarms, if so what reasonably priced kit do I need, or is there another route to follow ??

·
Super Moderator
32,123 Posts
Genuinely thought my CJB had failed today. Battery died yesterday and neither of my jump packs would start the car. Swapped the battery over today but she still wouldn’t start. Behaviour was the same as if I hadn’t turned the immobiliser off. Quick phone call and it turns out when you change the battery, especially after several failed starts, the immobiliser locks itself as it thinks it’s under attack. You need to reset it using the emergency code and voila, all running again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OBC John and Gav

·
Registered
217 Posts
So I could see some signs of corrosion on the CJB on a blue connector at the bottom left of the board, the lower connectors have some corrosion, not really bad, so I cleaned up a little, gave a squirt of wd40, put the plug in and out a few times, still no pump but now I have at least 8 alarms, gearbox fault, passenger safety, washer level brake assist etc etc, tried my basic obd scanner but it doesn’t read them, is this what I need to do to reset the alarms, if so what reasonably priced kit do I need, or is there another route to follow ??
Seriously???

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
That’s not a good sign. Are you sure you cleaned it and didn’t made it worse? Electric cleaner spray was a better option. Wait till wd40 it dries out and try again.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
WD40 should go no where near electrics and definitely no where even close to delicate circuit boards and electrical connectors. In fact WD40 shouldn't really go anywhere close to a car. Good for removing sticky label residue though.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's what your looking for...
Yes that looks similar, my pin layout on that bottom left blue connector is a little different though, I have 2 at the bottom then one more above that show just surface corrosion, but I must admit when I plug back in I don’t feel much resistance, can the plug be dismantled to look inside or check the connector as they are female ??
Any idea what those bottom pins are for ??
Or maybe the fuse identification ??

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Hi Paul, I think John posted a picture of the saloon CJB, the Sportbrake one is a bit different in layout.

I have a picture of the Sportbrake version showing which connector that causes problems but don't have access to it until I get home, I'll try to remember to post it later for you.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Just for clarity and my newbie brain, it's OK to pull any/all of the CJB connectors to do a check?
I cannot say that for sure. I have to check which connectors provide power. I have disconnected the one that goes to washer without a problem before but if the CJB is faulty, that might cause problems. I would suggest checking the washer pump connector first.

·
Registered
71 Posts

I’ve had water damage to the rear cjb in my 2010 x250 and it was causing all sorts of strange, random faults before I found the cause.

thankfully a good drying out and clean with lectrical contact cleaner has solved my issues so far but a tool kit like the chap uses in the video will be my next purchase if the problems return.

alan.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts