Jaguar Forum banner

CJB/BCM Removal question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HollowPoint 
#1 ·
So, I need to remove the CJB/Front BCM in order to either fix it myself with an XProg, or to send it to someone else to do it. I'm not concerned about the battery disconnect, as obviously my BCM is already in a corrupted state, but is there something stupid I'm supposed to do before removing the BCM? Considering the battery will be disconnected, I can't see any logical reason for there to be anything special, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you remove the BCM from the car, you're supposed to make sure you have all key fobs in the car at the time of removal... that sounds bonkers to me, as the battery will be disconnected, but then again, it sounds bonkers to me that you can turn a ridiculously expensive 'premium' car into a brick by changing the battery...yet you very much can lol

#3 ·
If it were like that for the keys effectively every time that your batter would go flat you would lose your keys (if they're programmed correctly that shouldn't be a problem. I've removed my BCMs (front and rear) a couple of times just with my battery disconnected and nothing happend. When I was diagnosing something I even connected a rear BCM from a lower option diesel to my 4.2 and you guessed it, nothing bad happend it even started just some of the options didn't work with it.

#4 ·
If it were like that for the keys effectively every time that your batter would go flat you would lose your keys (if they're programmed correctly that shouldn't be a problem. I've removed my BCMs (front and rear) a couple of times just with my battery disconnected and nothing happend. When I was diagnosing something I even connected a rear BCM from a lower option diesel to my 4.2 and you guessed it, nothing bad happend it even started just some of the options didn't work with it.
That's because yours is a classic/pre-facelift XF.. they don't suffer from this corrupt BCM/CJB nonsense...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.