Jaguar Forum banner

Changing xenon Bulbs

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cutlea01 
#1 ·
Just ordered two new D1S xenon bulbs which will arrive By tomorrow,so it’s a Saturday job,I’ve no problem removing the lights but I’m wanting to know how to remove the old bulbs and obviously re fit the new ones without breaking anything.Decided to get some new bulbs as mine are getting dimmer and not very good at all,I know they degrade over time,any help would be appreciate.

#2 ·
Sorry, I replied but then realised that you have D1S bulbs not the D3S bulbs I have... :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Turn them through 45 degrees anti-clockwise then withdraw. I think..... :unsure:

Reactions: Garymt
#4 ·
Fitted my new bulbs this morning and it took about three quarters of an hour tops to do both sides,obviously had to remove the lights first and the bulbs do come out by turning them 45 degrees anti-clockwise the black clip that goes around the base of the bulb that holds it in the headlight is hinged and by pressing the tab on it,it opens in half to remove,you can’t go wrong with fitting it to the new bulb as it has little tabs that locate on the bulb and the wire from the headlight to the ballast just unclips,fitting is reversal of removal.An easy job apart from removing the headlights from the car made a little harder when they have the power wash units fitted as there’s even less to play with and there’s the brittle clips on the headlights that break as soon as you look at them,didn’t break any.Will see what they are like but first impressions are they look much brighter even in daylight.

#7 ·
I fitted Osram Nightbreakers to mine, so much better than even a new standard DS1 discharge lamp. While I had the headlamps off I also fitted LED bulbs to all other fitments. The H7 main beam LEDs are now so bright they will severely blind an oncoming driver if I don't dip! The 5w tungsten filament bulbs looked really stupid next to the HIDs, a really pathetic yellow glow, so much better with a white LED. Corner lamps work perfectly with H8 LEDs and properly dim down as they go off. The indicators are a tad bright though and it all passes the MoT.

Reactions: Garymt
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.