Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Been putting it off for months but finally got round to changing the cracked inlet manifold on my 2010 xf it was not easy but got it changed and all back together but only problem now is it wont start the engine just turns over but wont fire.
Is there something I should do after changing the manifold that I have missed.
Any help please.

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Hi All
Been putting it off for months but finally got round to changing the cracked inlet manifold on my 2010 xf it was not easy but got it changed and all back together but only problem now is it wont start the engine just turns over but wont fire.
Is there something I should do after changing the manifold that I have missed.
Any help please.
really hard to diagnose over forum , but if you鈥檝e disturbed the fuel system try cycling the ignition as it鈥檚 self priming, other than the obvious, check all connectors are firmly in place with a click etc

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply I tried cycling the ignition many times but still would not start so just left it turning over and eventually she burst into life.

Administrator
Result, well done.

Registered
Hi traindriver19

I have a cracked intake manifold (left hand as you look at it) and need to replace, how much did you have to strip off to do it? How long did it take you?

Hope all is still well with the motor.

Registered
Not sure you're going to get a reply. Mr Traindriver left the building immediately after posting #3 and hasn't been here since.
However, one or two others have replaced the manifold(s) so you should get an informative reply soon.
Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: allan1985

Registered
Thanks.

I would like to let everyone know that this originally manifested as the dreaded RP so I did my due diligence and checked out the air intake hoses, cleaned the sensors as the fault indicated mass airflow correlation issue. Checked my turbo actuator was working then finally found some oil spitting near the injectors under the engine cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts