Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long wait and finally my skirts turned up so today decided to have a go at fitting one side
undecided at the moment as I am not sure when the arch meets the skirt i might have a look at getting this section blended in with the car. I might go down the route of adding the gloss black Maxton side skirts to break it up a bit

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
When do they get painted?

·
Super Moderator
29,775 Posts
It’s a no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,856 Posts
The black on grey looks very special. But IMHO, the woven fibre brings nothing to the party.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to admit I am not a big fan myself so will remove them and go back to the originals
Thank you for your feedback

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
They look pretty good, better than I thought they would. Similar to what BMW have done for the new M3/4.

The only thing is the bit where the skirt rises, if it was straight it would be better.

A thought… could you have a smart repair type job done on the bit that rises up?

·
Super Moderator
29,775 Posts
I think the only way they could work would be to paint them body colour above the swage line and leave them carbon below it. At the moment the odd transition from carbon to body colour doesn’t look right imo.

Reactions: Sdotk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I think the only way they could work would be to paint them body colour above the swage line and leave them carbon below it. At the moment the odd transition from carbon to body colour doesn’t look right imo.

Yeh exactly this.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I was thinking exactly the same but have decided to bin the idea and put the originals back on
Went a bit mad with the carbon idea to be honest just hoping the vents will look better when I fit them tmrw otherwise its more money wasted

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Everyone
So after yesterdays comments on the carbon I am just wondering on your thought with the carbon vents before I finally stick them down . Excuse the state of the car as I just haven't had time to get it cleaned
TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
20,856 Posts
That subtle contrast between the gray and black is quite distinctive. I like it a lot.
But it's just a thing with me that CF is a waste of money (unless you're trying to save a few kg on a track car).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That subtle contrast between the gray and black is quite distinctive. I like it a lot.
But it's just a thing with me that CF is a waste of money (unless you're trying to save a few kg on a track car).
Thank you John
Not worried about weight saving its just that I like the look of the carbon to be fair

·
Super Moderator
29,775 Posts
I like the vents.

·
Super Moderator
29,775 Posts
Thanks Chris
These were from Mina Gallery not sure how long the lettering will last as they are only stickers
Put a couple of coats of clear lacquer on them.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have been playing around with how to blend this in
So if I got the area sprayed in do you think it would look any better ?
I would say paint them so the carbon looks ‘straight’ if that makes sense?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts