Jaguar Forum banner

Can anyone help with Auto High Beam retrofit

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Shrek 
#1 ·
I have the interior mirror with camera and plastic surround for it. Just checked the wiring to the existing mirror and there are a few wires short of the connections on the AHB mirror. Does anyone know the part number of the wiring harness I require and how it connects.

Also anyone close to me (Lincolnshire), assuming I can get it wired, who can do the ccf file for me.

#3 ·
AHB... the first thing I deactivate on a new car.

Reactions: DAVENN
#4 ·
It’s pretty good on the I-PACE but that has matrix LED. The x250 version is just terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
If you previous car was German there’s a good chance it will be a million times better than the XF.

Brake-buster fitted it not long ago. He had a thread on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
If you previous car was German there’s a good chance it will be a million times better than the XF.
Yes, it was a German built car but probably not a make you are thinking of. It was an Opel Insignia with a Vauxhall badge.

Reason it went, we make trips to SW France and for 10 years before the Insignia we had two Rover 75s. On the last trip back I was told 'the next Vx you buy make sure it has Rover 75 seats in it. Had the top of the range and were the seats uncomfortable on a long journey. Plus, road noise, had the quietest tyres on it and when travelling at speed it was a case of shouting to communicate.

#10 ·
Does what it says on my XJ. But didn't have it on the XF so have nothing to compare it with.

#13 ·
I have done that to my XF, semi-easy retrofit. It works OK, not as good as Volvo-s or BMW-s I have driven, but gets the job done.

As for the missing wireing, I used twisted pair cables taken from CAT5e (regular LAN cable) and pulled these two cables from the mirror connector to one junction box under the glovebox. These were pulled side the roofliner and from there to A-pillar and then near glovebox.

And as I did not have proper connector and cables, I attached the wires directly to wires on the mirror itself. Near the glovebox I spliced and soldered the cables to correct medium speed can bus cables. Take a look at the electric diagrams to see correct colors.

SDD config is weird, You have to find all the 3 (i think it was 3) settings to enable it, some of them were down the list of settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.