Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009MY XKR Portfolio, one of only ten delivered to Australia...

Got a few plans for it, already started with DAB retrofit

This is going to be a long term work in progress....

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Congratulations! With second photo now I could see the real color of new beast :)
Hope your threads with X150 modding became most visiting in X150 section.
Mine congratulations for maybe the first on on planet DAB+ successful retrofit in pre-2010MY X150.
Waiting news from you!

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe this shows the colour better?

Shadow Grey, code LMR

Yes I'm quite sure it's the first ever DAB retrofit in a pre-2010 X150, maybe in any X150...

·
Registered
20,471 Posts
Hey!! My XF has something in common with an XK . . . . . :D

Wheel.jpg

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey!! My XF has something in common with an XK . . . . . :D
Aye but the XF has silver wheels, the XK has Shadow Chrome, different colour.

Plus mine are 9.5" wide on the back with 295/30R20 rubber... :D

·
Registered
20,471 Posts
OK. But still called "Selina"s. :rolleyes:

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a bit of a play around this evening with the iPod/Bluetooth. Hooked up a Tune2Air WMA1000 to the iPod cable.

Basically this makes a Bluetooth link to an iPhone or Android device, instead of having to plug it in. You see "ipod" on the touchscreen, but whatever audio is playing on your phone, is played through the cars sound system.

It's pretty good, if you have songs on your phone, is treated as an iPod, but you can also play music via Spotify, IHeartRadio, whatever internet radio or streaming service, and if you're watching a video on the phone (eg YouTube) the audio is played over the sound system.

Pretty cool for old tech...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Had a bit of a play around this evening with the iPod/Bluetooth. Hooked up a Tune2Air WMA1000 to the iPod cable.

Basically this makes a Bluetooth link to an iPhone or Android device, instead of having to plug it in. You see "ipod" on the touchscreen, but whatever audio is playing on your phone, is played through the cars sound system.

It's pretty good, if you have songs on your phone, is treated as an iPod, but you can also play music via Spotify, IHeartRadio, whatever internet radio or streaming service, and if you're watching a video on the phone (eg YouTube) the audio is played over the sound system.

Pretty cool for old tech...
Hey, I actually have 2 (or three) of these Tune2Air things, but since iOS 7(or so) have never been able to connect to them. What are you using with them? Looks like a recent iOS from the screenshot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
Lovely looking car, great colour.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
My current gen iPod won't work with the XK-R, so I've bought an older iPod, just got to work out how to copy from one to the other, unless that gizmo works with iPods as well as phones?

Csr looks great by the way.

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
20,471 Posts
Are they spelt wrong in Australia too ;)
Well done, Pike. I wondered who'd spot that first. 😏

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maybe you can update the firmware in your older ones? http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down_Detail.asp?hidShowID=15
Yeah I did that a few years ago. No joy.

I have a WMA1000 that worked really well until about iOS 7/8 in an Audi that had AMI (30 pin interface)

In the Jag, using a USB -> 30 pin connecter doesn't work.

I also have a WMA2000 which has a USB connector coming out of of it. That doesn't work in the Jag either, at least not with my iPhone.

Has anyone had one of these working in a face lifted X250?

I may try again this eve with an old iPod touch i have lying around.

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I did that a few years ago. No joy.

I have a WMA1000 that worked really well until about iOS 7/8 in an Audi that had AMI (30 pin interface)

In the Jag, using a USB -> 30 pin connecter doesn't work.

I also have a WMA2000 which has a USB connector coming out of of it. That doesn't work in the Jag either, at least not with my iPhone.

Has anyone had one of these working in a face lifted X250?

I may try again this eve with an old iPod touch i have lying around.
There has probably been a software update or two in the last few years... obviously this one I got last year is working with the latest operating systems. You might want to try downloading the latest version from their website... My iPhone 6S is running IOS 10.2.1, seems fine.

iPod only works in the pre-facelift (2008-2011MY) X250 and the X150 via the special iPod cable, not the USB port.
And you need one of the new cables, not the old ones. There are two types, the old cables don't work with the newer devices.

Facelift (i.e. 2012MY-onward) shouldn't need a WMA1000 anyhow, it has bluetooth streaming built into the head unit.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There has probably been a software update or two in the last few years... obviously this one I got last year is working with the latest operating systems. You might want to try downloading the latest version from their website... My iPhone 6S is running IOS 10.2.1, seems fine.
The version number is the same one that I had downloaded last. It hasn't changed for donkeys, unless they haven't changed the number. I'll try again later anyhow.

Question for you: Do you use apple music or not? I had read comments elsewhere that that might break things.

Facelift (i.e. 2012MY-onward) shouldn't need a WMA1000 anyhow, it has bluetooth streaming built into the head unit.
Yeah but content navigation is limited to next/last. There is no album browsing etc that you get with a proper iPod connection.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts