Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Erm, why? I really wouldn't be wanting to stick a cheap piece of plastic trim onto brake calipers, they serve no functional purpose and if one were to come off could cause some damage. Better to paint/repaint the existing calipers and smarten up with a sticker or two?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they certainly ain't plastic or they would melt they are expensive and have jaguar written on them they would make the plain rust coloured calipers look good I thoughr

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Each to their own, but if you like them, fit them, I trust they're retained by proper hardware and not sticky pads! There's plenty of pics and how to's on this forum on painting calipers though.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I painted my calipers, not a bad job even though I say it myself. Didn’t take long either, took more time to wash/polish/seal the wheels whilst they were drying.

Reactions: PeteA and Sdotk

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
Terrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How can it be a terrible idea when it makes the car look so much better my x150 is mint it's an 85000 euro car new in spain with the extras the only thing that looks naff are the calipers

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Each to their own Mike, the old adage still goes ‘your car, your rules’ if you like them, go for it

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I think what the guys are saying is painting them just looks so much better, and cheaper at around $20 but as above if you like the covers then try them.

Reactions: drewdrew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Gav I don't mind spending the money I love the car I've been a dealer for 40 years and this is one of the best cars I've owned and it will never be worth less money than I paid for it i only use it weekends and it gets a lot of interest in Puerto banus parked next to the Bentleys and lambos

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
That’s almost as bad as making your supercharger sound louder 😂😂

Reactions: drewdrew

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,168 Posts
How can it be a terrible idea when it makes the car look so much better my x150 is mint it's an 85000 euro car new in spain with the extras the only thing that looks naff are the calipers
I don’t think they will look bad but the visible section of calliper on Jaguars are free to move. They sit on a spring, so the cover have to be attached to bracket and not touching the calliper or attached to calliper and not touch anything else for its full course of movements. Also, if it is not made of plastic, I hope it’s not made of a strong metal as if it starts becoming loose and moving around at high speeds, they might lock wheels or callipers and many things could go wrong.

IMHO, that car deserves more than a fake calliper, just like Arnold wears a muscle suit custom on a beach. These things are for small hatchbacks with 1.0L engines.

·
18,867 Posts
Will the affect the cooling of the pads and calipers?

Not to my taste - but its not my car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts