Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Just pulling yer lariat, Rick! ;)

Hmmmmm, I'm not so sure that the piston is 'wound' back after re-reading my thread.....Michael's quote:

Correct!
Yes it’s only works for X760/X761/X260/L550/L560/L538...

X250 for changing rear pads, the calipers should be screw up

Discussion starter · #26 ·
In case anyone was interested, had to change all 4 discs and the pads again today. Genuine parts were fitted last time, now up to 33,000 miles in 4 years.
None of the pads were sticking, all the sliders and calipers are working as per design.
Car does spend 2-3 days in a row out of every 8 stationary, but does do 4 x 50 mile commutes in between.

The Panda has £13 discs on and gets a lot less use, its brakes are still absolutely fine.
These Jaguar ones really are made from recycled Lancia Betas and cheese.

Reactions: PeteA
I would have thought Jaguar has changed the manufacture of these discs now(OEM), but they could be old stock............?

PR3 has done a v low mileage, and this damp winter during 'lockdown 3' had me on tenterhooks, but all is well as only surface rust has appeared!

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I got 2 sets of discs (seller's mistake!) so these will be at least 2 years old.

Wow they look pretty bad! The rears on my XE-S are scored quite badly. The fronts have obvious corrosion on the edges but so far the pads are making good contact.

Think I'll change the discs to Pagid standard discs and redstuff pads when it comes the time to replace.

Any idea on who makes the OEM brake discs and pads?

Steptoe and Son

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA
Discussion starter · #35 ·
Do you think using more aggressive pads would help?
Not sure, it might do. The rust seems to pit quite deeply into the discs, which the pads can't clean off.

Wow they look pretty bad! The rears on my XE-S are scored quite badly. The fronts have obvious corrosion on the edges but so far the pads are making good contact.

Think I'll change the discs to Pagid standard discs and redstuff pads when it comes the time to replace.

Any idea on who makes the OEM brake discs and pads?
Not sure, but the rears were made in Italy and the fronts in Germany if the OEM boxes are to be believed.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.