Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

car is going in for a wheels off ceramic coating, the guy is going to clean up my calipers and ceramic coat them.
i would like some decals added to them so can i ask which ones are the best to go for and where from.

thanks in advance
Matt

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,929 Posts
The only problem with those is that they are the "old" font and for an XFR you want the new font (bigger/longer foot on the J). I found some of those a few years ago after mucho searching as they are very hard to find, but of course I can no longer find them or that seller (The Sticky Scene).
Here's a pic just after I repainted the calipers in yellow:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Reactions: xfr-shrek

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,929 Posts
will have a search around, any idea what sizes i need to be looking for?

thanks
You want the same sizes or similar to those linked by sockpet, 20 x 80 mm for the front and 13 x 55 mm for the rear.
I just checked and that is the sizes of mine although 80 mm long on the front (on the the plate of the anti-rattle clip) is just a tad long and 70 or 75 mm would be better.
With the rear 55 mm again could be a tad long if you are looking to put them on the plate in the middle but they will be just right to put higher up on the caliper itself.
A word of warning though, in my experience that surface of the rear caliper is dimpled and decals won't stick, I had to file those spots flat before painting to get the decals to stick.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
. . . .

A word of warning though, in my experience that surface of the rear caliper is dimpled and decals won't stick, I had to file those spots flat before painting to get the decals to stick.
The rear callipers on the (my) XJ have logo plates so not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts