Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to jaguar's and hoped you could help me find a suitable point to get a switch 12v for my aftermarket amplifier in my xfs portfolio.I know it already has a sub but it's not quite there.Will if a 12" Rockford fosgate

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hi guys new to jaguar's and hoped you could help me find a suitable point to get a switch 12v for my aftermarket amplifier in my xfs portfolio.I know it already has a sub but it's not quite there.Will if a 12" Rockford fosgate
Not sure if you can budget for it, however I use one of these in my car:

It can 'sense' when there is a signal from the sub speaker wires. It then has a 12v switched output to power on an amplifier and provide the RCA output!

I had to use it in place of a 'standard' Speaker to RCA converter as it wasn't sensing the signal from the OEM speaker (Sub) output correctly.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
I’ve just ordered a Connects2 device that does the same thing. At £14.99 on Ebay it was worth a try and is a known brand.

You need to connect it to the battery for the 12v passthrough feed to the amp, but mine will be in the boot beside the power source anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I’ve just ordered a Connects2 device that does the same thing. At £14.99 on Ebay it was worth a try and is a known brand.

You need to connect it to the battery for the 12v passthrough feed to the amp, but mine will be in the boot beside the power source anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't go as far to say it does the same thing as the JL; It's not more expensive just because its JL!

It has built in features to allow you to gain match, to prevent clipping, and the output signal will be much cleaner than you one you linked to.

As I said it depends on your budget, and the features you require.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy for taking the time to give me the heads up.I'll let you know how I get on,seen something called an LC2 that did what you referred to but it was £100 for it,didn't want to spend that much this side of the lockdown
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts