Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2016 x260 XF has rubbibg between the boot and bumper, ive owned the car for 9 months but only just noticed this.

the car is out of manufactures warranty (although i dont know how long the body work warranty ), would jaguar offer any assistance in fixing this? I do have the maintenance package covering services etc.

Thanks,

Dan

Registered
Dan you can only ask. Contact JCS as it's a known issue. The boot seal should be replaced, but even after mined was done it came back. Had it resprayed and its came back again. There's also another bulletin on this do take the bumper off and adjust the mountings which I plan to do in summer
Good luck

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Have you got an electric or manual tailgate?

ive got the manual version, but i recently adjusted the spring tension (you can manually move the spring from position 1 to 2, so that it either pops up a little bit or fully opens). I鈥檓 wondering if thats caused it?

Registered
Hi Dan
I鈥檝e done the same thing on my bootlid springs.

There is evidence of it rubbing in the past but not now. I鈥檝e checked it and there is a decent gap across the bumper.

There was a lot of chat around this in the early days of the X260.

It would be worth talking to Jaguar CS as Gav has suggested as it鈥檚 a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I've got manual too, doubt you've caused this as like I say well known.

Registered
Common fault on the X260. Shabby design/manufacturing.

Registered
Had exactly the same thing on my XE. Fortunately the rubbing was fairly minimal but nonetheless a Jaguar dealer fitted a new boot seal. Not one of their best examples of workmanship if I'm being honest and I had to tidy up their attempt. It did however resolve most of the problem but it was still entirely possible to create a collision between bumper and lid. Many other owners were getting their seal replaced and in many more instances their bumpers resprayed. As Shrek says, a bit shabby and as far as I was concerned indicative of very poor quality control on the early models.

Might be worth asking Jaguar for a contribution for whatever costs are involved assuming they don't pay for the whole thing, after all it was an inherent fault against which Jaguar held their hands up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any information where this is a common problem? Just so I鈥檝e got some ammunition got the dealer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts