Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boot open warning light on dash and cannot find the switch in trunk/boot it is not the usual press down button
so I am at a loss as to where it is please any info would be most welcomed
Thank you, Dave

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have you tried opening and closing the boot a little harder, to see if it makes a difference to whether the car registers the position of the latch?
It could be due to a broken wire in the boot loom - a common issue. Not sure exactly where the switch is located, but probably part of the latch mechanism. If you search for 'boot loom' you will see there is a lot of info on how to check and replace it. General consensus is to replace rather than fix as if one wire is broken, others will follow. Some people have had the wire break and the boot not open and don't have the key blade either to get into the boot manually, so if you don't have the key I would look into the issue asap.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Almost certainly the boot short loom that's starting to fail. It can manifest in various faults such as a numberplate bulb failure (it can be on or both as they're fed independently), failure to open the boot, showing as open when it's closed, release button failure or camera failure, which often affects the reversing sensors too.

Reactions: Dave Williams

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost certainly the boot short loom that's starting to fail. It can manifest in various faults such as a numberplate bulb failure (it can be on or both as they're fed independently), failure to open the boot, showing as open when it's closed, release button failure or camera failure, which often affects the reversing sensors too.

Thanks for the info I will look into it Phil1

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
Not sure the famous boot-loom failure applies to X-Types. I owned mine for 6 years from new without this problem.
I'd suggest a broken wire or dodgy connection at the latch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts