Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone let me know how this hook, that I found in the spare wheel well, is attached to the boot floor?

DSC_0081.jpg

Also can anyone identify this spare connector next to the battery?

DSC_0083.jpg

Thanks,

Carl.

·
Super Moderator
20,274 Posts
The strap and hook should be attached to the underside of your boot floor and when you raise the floor the hook lips onto the boot opening to hold the floor up while getting your wheel out.

I would need more info on the mystery plug.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strap and hook should be attached to the underside of your boot floor and when you raise the floor the hook lips onto the boot opening to hold the floor up while getting your wheel out.

I would need more info on the mystery plug.
Hi,

I understand what the hook is for but can't tell what used to attached it to the boot floor! There are two holes in the strap and I think there are holes in the boot floor. Some kind of screws?

·
Apostrophe Monitor
7,353 Posts
The mystery plug is a transportation plug and there is a stowage for it at the back of the battery. There is another thread on here about it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I nearly sorted the hook problem out but it looks like I got the strap the wrong way round so I'm going to sort that now :eek:

Hook (2).jpg

I also found out where the plug retainer was located before I saw you response!

Transportation plug location found.jpg

I decided to remove the subwoofer and clean out underneath and found a lot of... stuff!

Stuff.jpg

Thanks both for your replies :).

·
Executive Member
3,188 Posts
From my experience that hook is almost perfectly designed to hold the boot floor up until with confidence you reach in and then with precision timing it drops it on your head.

Very clever as it stays hooked up regardless until a head enters the target zone..

·
Administrator
28,548 Posts
Spooky stuff.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I nearly sorted the hook problem out but it looks like I got the strap the wrong way round so I'm going to sort that now :eek:

View attachment 11741

I also found out where the plug retainer was located before I saw you response!

View attachment 11742

I decided to remove the subwoofer and clean out underneath and found a lot of... stuff!

View attachment 11743

Thanks both for your replies :).
Isn't that a condom wrapper on the right? What have you been doing in the boot? Or was that car once owned byAsh??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well there is a 'Pull' sign... but I assumed the small plastic seal able bag was to hold some sort of drug...

:confused:

Oh and all that 'Stuff' isn't mine... I've had the car around 4 months... :p.

·
Registered
1 Posts

hi, just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy another one of the hooks?? Mine broken completely!
thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts