Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been getting restricted performance on my x250 3.0l td, finally got round to pulling the codes and the most prominent ones are :
P006A-00 and P1247-00 which combined suggest a boost leak in bank 2. Whipped the engine cover off to hopefully see some tell tale signs and sure enough there is a disconcerting amount of oil (faulty pcv or turbo oil seals I guess) that has been sprayed on one bank..... It looks like it's coming from the injectors but I can't really tell it could just be coming from the manifold.... Anybody seen anything similar before?

Thanks

Steve

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you search on the plastic inlet manifold there are hundreds of threads :( it only has so many cycles in it before splitting.

Think mine also needs doing

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,001 Posts
Most people have seen this. Here are several threads about this. Even a “how to”. It is costly if you go to garage and cheap if you are a DIYer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys after posting that I actually noticed the crack, I am a DIYer but this is a Pita to swap for such a common problem.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks guys after posting that I actually noticed the crack, I am a DIYer but this is a Pita to swap for such a common problem.

It’s a two day job for a DIYer if you are not competent. Needs taking some pannels under window off, wiper arms, injectors, high pressure lines and rails, throttle shutoff valve,etc. You could buy both sides on eBay for £95 using LR part number and I guess genuine ones are about £400-600 for pair.
Labour costs could be anything from £450 to £1300 for the pair.
I tried plastic welding but it lasted only 2 weeks. There is another FM who successfully welded the crack and he has explained how he did it. Whatever you did, make sure your MAP sensor is cleaned after repair by just spraying electric contract cleaners “only”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s a two day job for a DIYer if you are not competent. Needs taking some pannels under window off, wiper arms, injectors, high pressure lines and rails, throttle shutoff valve,etc. You could buy both sides on eBay for £95 using LR part number and I guess genuine ones are about £400-600 for pair.
Labour costs could be anything from £450 to £1300 for the pair.
I tried plastic welding but it lasted only 2 weeks. There is another FM who successfully welded the crack and he has explained how he did it. Whatever you did, make sure your MAP sensor is cleaned after repair by just spraying electric contract cleaners “only”
Thanks for the help guys appreciate it I sadly I do have experience when it comes to these things and access to a garage with everthing that entails. I was looking on ebay and the cheapest jaguar one seems to be about 90 quid

And the Land Rover one which appears to be the same is about 50

Are they actually the same or are there minor differences?
Also I guess I will need an injector seal kit also, what is the part number for these? I think I should get away without replacing the pipes. Although I did break a very brittle pcv pipe but that looks like a relatively easy fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and if anyone can supply a link to the how to that would be great, I had a look and couldn't see anything although I think tapatalk may be playing games with me....thanks Steve.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks for the help guys appreciate it I sadly I do have experience when it comes to these things and access to a garage with everthing that entails. I was looking on ebay and the cheapest jaguar one seems to be about 90 quid

And the Land Rover one which appears to be the same is about 50

Are they actually the same or are there minor differences?
Also I guess I will need an injector seal kit also, what is the part number for these? I think I should get away without replacing the pipes. Although I did break a very brittle pcv pipe but that looks like a relatively easy fix.

so long as it is for 3.0 and not 2.7, they are all the same. There are three Vent points that are all blank. You just have to drill a 3-4mm hole on top one. Other two are for LR cars. You will see which one it is if you compare old and new. I bought the pair for £95 delivered. No difference visually and it seemed the same. It has 2-3years part warranty. Time will tell! It came with bolts, studs and seal.
Both items in both links are right. I don’t know why using LR part number always leads to a better price on this part. Maybe it fails more on LR cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so long as it is for 3.0 and not 2.7, they are all the same. There are three Vent points that are all blank. You just have to drill a 3-4mm hole on top one. Other two are for LR cars. You will see which one it is if you compare old and new. I bought the pair for £95 delivered. No difference visually and it seemed the same. It has 2-3years part warranty. Time will tell! It came with bolts, studs and seal.
Both items in both links are right. I don’t know why using LR part number always leads to a better price on this part. Maybe it fails more on LR cars.
Thanks Hamed, do I need new seals for the injectors?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you don't want to use them again: F 00V C17 503 Bosch. These are the one I ordered last year for my 3.0D.
I ordered these manifolds last year: Link
My mechanic did a good job. Changed the parts in two sessions. No problems with these parts since one year and 20000 km. I decided not do it on my own. So it was about 1600 EUR for both sides including labor costs. Jaguar offered 1700 EUR for each side :) .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts