Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Can a few of you fine folk give us a measurement from the bottom of the a post to the bonnet gap please just got mine back off the insurance n its diabolical

·
Registered
222 Posts
Facelift or pre facelift model? This is the reason I would never use an insurance 'recommended' body shop. The insurance co. seem to screw them on price and they turn out some shocking work as they are under pressure. Then again, some main dealers seem to be pretty bad - from some posts I have read. Do you have any pics of the problem?

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
Hi all,
Can a few of you fine folk give us a measurement from the bottom of the a post to the bonnet gap please just got mine back off the insurance n its diabolical
A picture (or photo in this case) paints a thousand words.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Facelift or pre facelift model? This is the reason I would never use an insurance 'recommended' body shop. The insurance co. seem to screw them on price and they turn out some shocking work as they are under pressure. Then again, some main dealers seem to be pretty bad - from some posts I have read. Do you have any pics of the problem?
2013 reg but a 2014 model bud
IMG-20200417-WA0011.jpg

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
The X260 workshop manual gives correct panel gaps. I’ll have a look in the X250 one tomorrow to see if it goes the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,476 Posts

Here you go, hope they're readable OK.
They show the Classic, but I'd imagine the facelift gaps were the same at the A pillar.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Looks like the bonnet needs to go back a bit to look 'right'. What does it look like between the front of the bumper and the front of the wheel arch?

It also looks like the bumper doesn't match up with the front of the wheel arch either. There should be no gap at all. Any closer pictures of this area?

My old car as an example:

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Just gone out a took similar photos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts