Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I think the problem with the locking could be a body control module. has anyone had trouble with this before. I can get one but it will need programming to the car does this have to be done by the dealer.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
No all you need is some with good knowledge of jaguar sdd, not sure if you buy a second hand one it can be programmed to your car and then there’s the issue with the kvm, you might need a new one of them too :(

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
PM @Onotole and ask him if he has knowledge of the X260.. he has recently helped me when my car had CJB issues, yes it costs but less than dealer and on the X250 he can reprogram a used one which dealers can't...

·
Registered
12 Posts
PM @Onotole and ask him if he has knowledge of the X260.. he has recently helped me when my car had CJB issues, yes it costs but less than dealer and on the X250 he can reprogram a used one which dealers can't...
Hi Pete.
Did you have to buy a new BCM Module for yours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pete.
We still haven't done everything yet but we are going to book it in to have it checked first to see if it is the module as the place we are thinking of taking it think it might be something else

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hi Pete, yes I did. I would have been quite happy with a second hand one and letting Onotole reprogram it but time was short and as the CJB/BCM is different in the Sportbrake to the saloon and I couldn't find a second hand one I had to bite the bullet on paying for a new one, Hey Ho...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Pete, yes I did. I would have been quite happy with a second hand one and letting Onotole reprogram it but time was short and as the CJB/BCM is different in the Sportbrake to the saloon and I couldn't find a second hand one I had to bite the bullet on paying for a new one, Hey Ho...
I priced a new one for mine they wanted £438 so I'm going to have a go at it myself with the help of Onotole hopefully, I'm just waiting for the programmer from China
Hopefully all will go well
I didn'lt know Onotole would reprogram them for other people

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
£438 is quite a lot less than mine was, is yours a saloon Pete?

And, what specific problem/s does your car have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
We still haven't done everything yet but we are going to book it in to have it checked first to see if it is the module as the place we are thinking of taking it think it might be something else
You can check If the module has lost information with JLR SDD
That's how I found out that mine was the BCM
It needs reprogramming I have ordered a Xprog programmer to try it myself
With the help of Onotole hopefully I can do it.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Good man!..

Please let us know how it goes .. and more to the point a full story of the process for us geeks please.. :)

Reactions: Pete'sjag and Gav

·
Registered
12 Posts

Yes mine is the saloon I didn't go to the main dealers I got the price from a company that does keys and modules
The body control module has lost the Vin No and some other information that needs programming back in

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pete.

I was told that you could re program a second hand
What is the problem with yours Pete
My son one is the central locking not working he has to put the key fob in the slot in the dash to start the car and has to open the car with the key he has a 3.0 xfs premium luxury and I have a xf 2.2 portfolio they are both saloons

·
Registered
12 Posts

My son one is the central locking not working he has to put the key fob in the slot in the dash to start the car and has to open the car with the key he has a 3.0 xfs premium luxury and I have a xf 2.2 portfolio they are both saloons
Does it say key not found when try to turn ignition on.
Without putting the key in the slot ?

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts

You can reprogram the CJB, I said that in the second of my posts that you quoted.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Oh and you can reprogram a second hand module
You need an external programmer
JLR SDD wont do it
SDD can reprogram the CJB, Onotole did it to mine when it 'forgot' everything. I then got a new one because a battery disconnect would have rendered it useless gain, as you say to do a 'permanent' fix would require an external programmer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
From another forum people report that tese companies have sorted central locking problems in about 10 minutes:

In Coalville Leicester

MDM Services

Unit 4 Stephenson Industrial Estate
Coalville, Leicester
LE67 3HP
01530 838666

In Milton Keynes,

E & E Services MK Ltd
38 Tanners Drive
Blakelands
Milton Keynes
MK14 5BW